Volvo Group North America
Campaign Finance$14,812 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Volvo Group North America
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Volvo Group North America $2,880,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Automotive Industry,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Roads & Highways,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.8 Tough and Smart National Security Act H.R.3246 Advanced Vehicle Technology Act of 2009 H.R.3367 Heavy Duty Hybrid Truck Incentives Improvement Act of 2009 H.R.1390 Bus Uniform Standards and Enhanced Safety Act of 2011 S.453 Motorcoach Enhanced Safety Act of 2011 H.R.1409 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.560 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.2843 Advanced Vehicle Technology Act of 2010 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.5136 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 16 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Volvo Group North America" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Volvo Group North America
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Volvo Group North America
- Toggle 12 EPA Nonconformance Penalties for On-highway Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines Using Selective Catalyst Reduction Technologies (SCR) 2010
- Toggle 3 EPA Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards and Fuel Efficiency Standards for Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles 2010
- Toggle 2 EPA Heavy-Duty Highway Program: Revisions for Emergency Vehicles and SCR Maintenance 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Proposed Settlement Agreement in Navistar v. EPA, Nos. 09-1113, 09-1114 and 09-1317 (D.C. Cir. 2010
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments Concerning Free Trade Agreement With the Republic of Korea 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA California Authorization Request for Emission Standards for Off-road Diesel-fueled fleets 2008
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 1 FTA Application of Buy America Waivers to Rolling Stock Overhauls and Rebuilds 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards 2009
EPA Violations6 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|3m Company||Mack Trucks, Inc (+106 others)||2008||Wood Ridge, Nj||$18,000,000|
|American Standard Inc., Et Al. (Avery Dennison Corp.)||Mack Trucks, Inc. (+42 others)||2008||Camden, Nj||$9,539,092|
|Aqua-Tech Environmental, Inc. (Prn)||Volvo White Truck Corporation (+169 others)||2006||Greer, Sc||$9,170,528|
|3m Company Et Al.||Mack Trucks, Inc. (+67 others)||2004||Carlstadt, Nj||$8,649,902|
|Abb, Inc. Et Al (Spectron Deminimis Settlement)||Mack Trucks, Inc (+547 others)||2003||Elkton, Md||$2,803,841|
|Abb, Inc.||Mack Trucks Inc (+72 others)||2007||Wood Ridge, Nj||$1,400,000|