Vivendi SA (formerly known as Vivendi Universal) is a French international media conglomerate with activities in music, television and film, publishing, telecommunications, the Internet, and video games. It is headquartered in Paris.
Campaign Finance$1,687,727 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Vivendi
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Universal Music Group $21,890,000 Houghton Mifflin $340,000 mp3.com $258,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Arts & Entertainment,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Homeland Security,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.848 Performance Rights Act H.CON.RES.49 S.379 Performance Rights Act S.CON.RES.14 H.CON.RES.21 Supporting the Local Radio Freedom Act. S.CON.RES.7 A concurrent resolution supporting the Local Radio Freedom Act. H.R.4098 Secure Federal File Sharing Act S.3484 Secure Federal File Sharing Act H.R.1319 Informed P2P User Act H.R.4789 Performance Rights Act
RegulationsMentioned in 35 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Vivendi" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Vivendi
- Toggle 6 USTR GENERALIZED SYSTEM OF PREFERENCES (GSP): NOTICE REGARDING THE INITIATION OF THE 2009 ANNUAL GSP PRODUCT AND COUNTRY ELIGIBILITY PRACTICES REVIEW AND DEADLINES FOR FILING PETITIONS 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Regulation of Hazardous Oil-bearing Secondary Materials From the Petroleum Refining Industry and Other Hazardous Hazardous Secondary Materials Processed in a Gasification System to Produce Synthesis Gas 2002
- Toggle 2 USCBP Documents Required for Travelers Entering the United States at Sea and Land Ports-of-Entry from within the Western Hemisphere 2007
- Toggle 2 Request for Comments and Notice of public hearing concerning Proposed Transatlantic Trade and Investment Agreement 2013
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: ICE Clear Credit LLC 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Protection of Stratospheric Ozone: The 2008 Critical Use Exemption From the Phaseout of Methyl Bromide 2006
- Toggle 1 RBS Repowering Assistance Payments to Eligible Biorefineries Unknown
- Toggle 1 NOAA Amendment 2 to the fishery management plan for the queen conch fishery of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands and amendment 5 to the reef fish fishery management plan of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands 2010
- Toggle 1 FTC Premerger notification waiting periods; early terminations 2006
- Toggle 1 TREAS Review by the Treasury Department of the Regulatory Structure Associated with Financial Institutions 2007