Vivendi SA (formerly known as Vivendi Universal) is a French international media conglomerate with activities in music, television and film, publishing, telecommunications, the Internet, and video games. It is headquartered in Paris.
Campaign Finance$3,115,600 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Vivendi Universal
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Joseph E Seagram & Sons $2,080,000 Vivendi Universal $1,160,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Arts & Entertainment,
- Travel & Tourism,
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse,
- Beverage Industry,
- Clean Air & Water
RegulationsMentioned in 13 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Vivendi Universal" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Vivendi Universal
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Vivendi Universal
- Toggle 5 USTR GENERALIZED SYSTEM OF PREFERENCES (GSP): NOTICE REGARDING THE INITIATION OF THE 2009 ANNUAL GSP PRODUCT AND COUNTRY ELIGIBILITY PRACTICES REVIEW AND DEADLINES FOR FILING PETITIONS 2009
- Toggle 2 TSA Private Charter Security Rules 2002
- Toggle 1 CRB Adjustment of Rates and Terms for Preexisting Subscription and Satellite Digital Audio Radio Services 2007
- Toggle 1 DOT Aero Services-Corporate S.A. - Exemption - France-United States 2001
- Toggle 1 DOT Aero Services-Executive S.A. - Exemption - France-United States 2001
- Toggle 1 EPA Limited approval/disapproval for San Joaquin Valley APCD Rules 4402 and 4625. 2010
- Toggle 1 USCG Neptune LNG, L.L.C. Liquefied Natural Gas Deepwater Port License Application 2005
- Toggle 1 USTR BIT Review:Written Comments Concerning the Administration’s Review of the U.S. Model Bilateral Investment Treaty 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA Preliminary 2008 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2006
- Toggle 1 TREAS Review by the Treasury Department of the Regulatory Structure Associated with Financial Institutions 2007
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Casmalia Resources - Abc Unified School District||Universal Studios, Inc (+256 others)||2006||Casmalia, Ca||$4,346,984|