Vinson & Elkins
Vinson & Elkins LLP (or V&E;) is an international law firm headquartered in the First City Tower in Downtown Houston, Texas. The firm has offices in 14 major energy, financial, and political centers worldwide, including Abu Dhabi, Austin, Beijing, Dallas, Dubai, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Moscow, New York City, Palo Alto, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. The firm is currently led by managing partner Joe Dilg.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Vinson & Elkins
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Research In Motion $240,000 Energy Transfer Partners $160,000 XL Capital $140,000 Jones Firm $60,000 Carrera Holdings Inc $30,000 SUNY Upstate Medical University $20,000 State University of New York $10,000 Lone Star Regional Center $0 CommunitySun LLC $0 Coastal Water Authority $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Homeland Security,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Real Estate & Land Use,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1249 America Invents Act S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 H.R.1260 Support for Survivors Act H.R.3424 S.515 A bill to rescind amounts made available for water treatment improvements for the Flathead County Water and Sewer District and make the amounts available for Federal deficit reduction.
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary April 2, 2013 Greater Houston Partnership Immigration reform View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Vinson & Elkins" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Vinson & Elkins
- Toggle 1 SEC Listing Standards for Compensation Committees 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Family Offices 2011
- Toggle 1 FERC Applications: Texas Eastern Transmission, LP 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 1 DOE Applications To Export Electric Energy: TransAlta Energy Marketing (U.S.) Inc. 2011