Campaign Finance$10,097,536 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Viacom Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Viacom Inc $27,215,000 CBS Broadcasting $1,522,000 Alliance for American Advertising $40,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Arts & Entertainment,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Economics & Econ Development
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.968 PIPA H.R.3261 Stop Online Piracy Act H.R.166 Internet Investment, Innovation, and Competition Preservation Act H.R.2994 Satellite Home Viewer Reauthorization Act H.R.1319 Informed P2P User Act H.R.3458 Internet Freedom Preservation Act of 2009 S.1670 Satellite Television Modernization Act of 2009 H.R.722 Say No to Drug Ads Act H.R.3101 Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 S.3804 Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act
RegulationsMentioned in 23 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Viacom Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Viacom Inc
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Viacom Inc
- Toggle 6 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 2 FCC Review of the Commissions Program Access Rules and Examination of Programming Tying Arrangements 2007
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and the Availability of the Framework Document for Fluorescent Lamp Ballasts 2007
- Toggle 2 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 1 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 1 FWS Revise Critical Habitat for the Leatherback Sea Turtle 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Executive Compensation and Related Party Disclosure 2006
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Program for Consumer Products:Public Meeting and Availability of the Framework Document for Metal Halide Lamp Fixtures 2009
- Toggle 1 TREAS Prohibition on Funding of Unlawful Internet Gambling 2007
- Toggle 1 FEC Internet Communications 2006
EPA Violations11 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Little Mississinewa River Unilateral Admin Order (Cercla)||Viacom Inc. (+1 others)||2005||Union City, In||$29,000,000|
|Air Products & Chemical, Inc Et Al||V Iacom, Inc. (+40 others)||2005||Elkton, Md||$24,500,000|
|Alcan Corporation||Viacom Inc. nka CBS Corp (+81 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$13,150,000|
|Cooper Drum Superfund Site Uao For Rd/Ra||Viacom, Inc. (+42 others)||2009||South Gate, Ca||$9,066,848|
|3m Company Et Al.||VIACOM Inc. (+67 others)||2004||Carlstadt, Nj||$8,649,902|
|Westinghouse Electric (Sharon) Superfund Site||Viacom Inc (+2 others)||2003||Sharon, Pa||$5,500,000|
|Casmalia Resources - Abc Unified School District||Viacom Inc. (+256 others)||2006||Casmalia, Ca||$4,346,984|
|Green River Disposal, Inc. Superfund Site||Viacom Inc. (+30 others)||2008||Maceo, Ky||$3,520,000|
|Abb, Inc. Et Al (Spectron Deminimis Settlement)||Viacom, Inc (+547 others)||2003||Elkton, Md||$2,803,841|
|Viacom, Inc, Et. Al.||Viacom, Inc (+4 others)||2006||Sharon, Pa||$2,685,621|
Advisory Committees3 people on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.