VHA Inc., based in Irving, Texas, is a cooperative that serves more than 1,400 not-for-profit hospitals and 24,000+ non-acute care facilities in 47 states and the District of Columbia. Founded in 1977, VHA provides supply chain management services and promotes and supports the formation of regional member networks that allow health care organizations to collaborate. VHA and the University HealthSystem Consortium own a supply contracting company called Novation. VHA also owns Provista, another group purchasing organization.
Campaign Finance$12,700 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of VHA Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Vha Inc $380,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.1363 Department of Defense and Further Additional Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.1473 Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.J.RES.48 Additional Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011 H.J.RES.44 Further Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011 H.R.3082 Biennial Budgeting and Appropriations Act of 2011 H.R.452 Medicare Decisions Accountability Act of 2011 S.296 Preserving Access to Life-Saving Medications Act S.668 Health Care Bureaucrats Elimination Act H.R.3630 Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 7 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "VHA Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for VHA Inc
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for VHA Inc
- Toggle 1 CMS Electronic Health Record Incentive Program – Stage 2 "Meaningful Use" 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Unique Device Identification System; Proposed Rule 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS FY 2012 Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and FY 2012 Rates 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Bar Code Technologies for Drugs and Biological Products; Retrospective Review Under E.O. 13563, Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 1 HHSIG Waiver Designs in Connection with the Medicare Shared Savings Program and Innovation Center 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long-Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and Fiscal Year 2013 Rates; Hospitals’ Resident Caps for Graduate Medical Education Payment Purposes; Quality Reporting Requirements for Specific Providers and for Ambulatory Surgical Centers 2012
- Toggle 1 IRS Additional Requirements for Charitable Hospitals 2012
Federal Spending1 contract
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Vha Inc.||2012||Centers For Medicare And Medicaid Services||HOSPITAL ENGAGEMENT CONTRACTOR||$6,385,688|