Cellco Partnership, doing business as Verizon Wireless, is the wireless phone provider that owns and operates the second largest mobile telecommunications network in the United States, based on a total of 94.1 million U.S. subscribers, as of Q4 2010 behind the largest carrier AT&T; Mobility with, as of, Q4 2010 had 95.5 million total subscribers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, New Jersey, the company is a joint venture of U.S. telecommunications firm Verizon Communications and British multinational mobile network operator Vodafone, with 55 and 45 percent ownership respectively. On January 9, 2009, Verizon Wireless acquired Alltel Wireless in a deal valued at $28.1 billion. The acquisition expanded Verizon's wireless network.
Campaign Finance$171,427 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Verizon Wireless
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Natural Resources,
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1002 Wireless Tax Fairness Act of 2011 S.543 Wireless Tax Fairness Act of 2011 H.R.1860 Digital Goods and Services Tax Fairness Act of 2011 H.R.4 Small Business Paperwork Mandate Elimination Act of 2011 H.R.607 Broadband for First Responders Act of 2011 S.8 Tough and Smart National Security Act S.18 Small Business Paperwork Mandate Elimination Act S.72 Small Business Paperwork Mandate Elimination Act of 2011 S.359 Comprehensive 1099 Taxpayer Protection and Repayment of Exchange Subsidy Overpayments Act of 2011 S.413 Cybersecurity and Internet Freedom Act
RegulationsMentioned in 52 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Verizon Wireless" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Verizon Wireless
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Verizon Wireless
- Toggle 15 FDA Investigate Polyethylene Glycol 3350 Product Safety for Use With Pediatric Patients 2012
- Toggle 3 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff; Mobile Medical Applications; Availability 2011
- Toggle 3 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 3 EBSA PTE 2011-15 The United Brotherhood of Carpenters Pension Fund (the Plan or the Applicant) [Application No. D-11634] 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 3 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 3 EBSA PTE 2011-16 Verizon Communications, Inc. (Verizon) and Cellco Partnership, doing business as Verizon Wireless (Verizon Wireless; collectively, the Applicants) [Application Nos. L-11651 and L-11652] 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Unique Device Identification System; Proposed Rule 2011
- Toggle 2 EBSA PTE 2011-14 The Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation Retirement Savings Plan (the Savings Plan) and the Krispy Kreme Profit-Sharing Stock Ownership Plan the KSOP; Together, the Plans or the Applicants) [Application Nos. D–11468 and D–11469, Respectively] 2011
- Toggle 1 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2012
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Verizon Wireless" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee