Venable LLP is a law firm formerly known as Venable, Baetjer & Howard LLP. The firm is ranked 77th in the 2010 AmLaw 100 survey. It was founded in Baltimore in 1900. Today the firm maintains 7 offices throughout the country and includes over 500 attorneys practicing in over 70 practice and industry areas covering corporate and business law, complex litigation, intellectual property and regulatory and government affairs.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Venable LLP
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Noble Energy $1,340,000 American Airlines $940,000 Cleaner Safer Trucking $940,000 Quality Parts Coalition $910,000 Lockheed Martin $660,000 Cheyenne & Arapaho Tribe of Oklahoma $640,000 Hilton Worldwide $480,000 Chrysler Group $480,000 Reed Elsevier Inc $460,000 AECOM Technology Corp $460,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Environment & Superfund
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.799 Commercial Privacy Bill of Rights Act of 2011 S.913 Do-Not-Track Online Act of 2011 S.1151 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2011 S.1207 Data Security and Breach Notification Act of 2011 H.R.611 BEST PRACTICES Act H.R.1528 Consumer Privacy Protection Act of 2011 H.R.2577 SAFE Data Act H.R.654 Do Not Track Me Online Act H.R.1895 Do Not Track Kids Act of 2011 H.R.2168 Geolocational Privacy and Surveillance Act
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary June 23, 2015 City of San Antonio, TX Issues related to transportation, infrastructure, housing, and economic development. No specific legislation. View registration June 23, 2015 Clatstop Community College Advocacy for maritime and energy workforce training legislation. View registration June 23, 2015 Tidewater Community College Education Foundation Advocacy for maritime and energy workforce training legislation. View registration June 23, 2015 Northeast Wisconsin Technical College Advocacy for maritime and energy workforce training legislation. View registration June 16, 2015 Florida Keys Community College Advocacy for workforce training legislation. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 41 dockets; Submitted to 9 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Venable LLP" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Venable LLP
- Toggle 3 FDA Safety Concerns Regarding Buprenorphine for Opioid Dependence 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Abbreviated New Drug Applications and 505(b)(2) Applications 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA FDA Actions Related to Nicotine Replacement Therapies and Smoking-Cessation Products; Report to Congress on Innovative Products and Treatments for Tobacco Dependence; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Modified Risk Tobacco Product Applications; Availability 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for Equidone® Gel (domiperidone), U.S. Patent No. 5,372,818 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry; Dietary Supplements: New Dietary Ingredient Notifications and Related Issues 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Enrichment Strategies for Clinical Trials to Support Approval of Human Drugs and Biological Products; Availability 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Applications for Premarket Review of New Tobacco Products; Availability; Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Reporting Harmful and Potentially Harmful Constituents in Tobacco Products and Tobacco Smoke Under Section 904(a)(3) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act; Availability; Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Venable LLP
- Toggle 6 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for Equidone® Gel (domiperidone), U.S. Patent No. 5,372,818 2011
- Toggle 6 FDA Safety Concerns Regarding Buprenorphine for Opioid Dependence 2012
- Toggle 5 EPA Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Formaldehyde Emissions Standards for Composite Wood Products 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability and Request for Comment. 2012
- Toggle 3 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry; Dietary Supplements: New Dietary Ingredient Notifications and Related Issues 2011
- Toggle 3 NOAA Revisions of Boundaries for the Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary and Underwater Preserve; Intent to Prepare Draft Environmental Impact Statement; Scoping Meetings 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Revising Underground Storage Tank Regulations - Revisions to existing requirements and new requirements for secondary containment and operator training 2011
- Toggle 2 DOE Assistance to Foreign Atomic Energy Activities 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicaid Program; Covered Outpatient Drugs (CMS-2345-P) 2012
Federal Spending2 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Venable Llp||2012||Housing And Urban Development, Department Of||MBS LEGAL SERVICES, RE-COMPETITION - NEW CONTRACT FOR NEW LAW FIRM R-2011-TK-00006||$3,000,000|
|Venable Llp||2011||Departmental Offices||LEGAL SERVICES||$1,299,000|
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Venable LLP" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Administrative Conference of the United States 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Office of the United States Trade Representative 1 person on 1 committee