Venable LLP is a law firm formerly known as Venable, Baetjer & Howard LLP. The firm is ranked 77th in the 2010 AmLaw 100 survey. It was founded in Baltimore in 1900. Today the firm maintains 7 offices throughout the country and includes over 500 attorneys practicing in over 70 practice and industry areas covering corporate and business law, complex litigation, intellectual property and regulatory and government affairs.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Venable LLP
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Equity Office Properties Management Corp $960,000 American Airlines $950,000 Con-Way Inc $770,000 Lockheed Martin $731,000 Beacon Capital Partners $720,000 Noble Energy $677,000 Reed Elsevier Inc $620,000 Money Management International $620,000 Quality Parts Coalition $600,000 Securitas Services $560,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
- Homeland Security,
- Health Issues,
- Natural Resources
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010 H.R.3619 Coast Guard Authorization Act for Fiscal Years 2010 and 2011 H.R.2221 Data Accountability and Trust Act H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.5777 Building Effective Strategies To Promote Responsibility Accountability Choice Transparency Innovation Consumer Expectations and Safeguards Act S.773 Cybersecurity Act of 2009 S.1490 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2009 H.R.627 Credit Cardholders' Bill of Rights Act of 2009 H.R.3126 Consumer Financial Protection Agency Act of 2009
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary April 19, 2013 Pokertribes.com Matters which may arise before the Bureau of Indian Affairs, National Indian Gaming Commission and IGRA View registration April 19, 2013 Mackinac Straits Health System Rural development loans View registration April 19, 2013 Gordon Food Services, Inc. Food labeling requirements View registration April 19, 2013 Century Incorporated Identify funding for research and development of composite materials in U.S. Military vehicles View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 23 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Venable LLP" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Venable LLP
- Toggle 1 EEOC Definition of "Reasonable Factors Other Than Age" Under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act 2010
- Toggle 1 TTB Implementation of Statutory Amendments Requiring the Qualification of Manufacturers and Importers of Processed Tobacco and Other Amendments Related to Permit Requirements, and the Expanded Definition of Roll-Your-Own Tobacco 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Venable LLP
- Toggle 16 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 8 FWS Critical Habitat for the Polar Bear 2009
- Toggle 6 EPA Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs); Reassessment of Use Authorizations 2009
- Toggle 5 FMCSA SSC - In the Matter of Truse Trucking, Inc. - Field Administrator's Consent to Hearing 2010
- Toggle 4 FDA Revise Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) Affirmation Regulation for High Fructose Corn Syrup to Recognize "Corn Sugar" as an Alternate Common or Usual Name for High Fructose Corn Syrup-CLOSED 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Promotion of FDA-Regulated Medical Products Using the Internet and Social Media Tools; Notice of Public Hearing 2009
- Toggle 2 OFPP Work Reserved for Performance by Federal Government Employees 2010
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Harmonization with International Standards 2009
- Toggle 2 FAR FAR Case 2009-005, Use of Project Labor Agreements for Federal Construction Projects 2009
- Toggle 2 TTB Implementation of Statutory Amendments Requiring the Qualification of Manufacturers and Importers of Processed Tobacco and Other Amendments Related to Permit Requirements, and the Expanded Definition of Roll-Your-Own Tobacco 2009
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Venable LLP" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Administrative Conference of the United States 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Office of the United States Trade Representative 1 person on 1 committee