Vectren Corporation NYSE: VVC is an energy holding company headquartered in Evansville, Indiana. The company provides gas and electricity to nearly one million customers in Indiana and Ohio. It is a Fortune 1000 company with $4.3 billion in assets.
Campaign Finance$1,026,701 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Vectren Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Vectren Corp $285,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
- Clean Air & Water,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 H.R.1380 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2011 S.734 Advanced Vehicle Technology Act of 2011 H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.559 Securing America's Future with Energy and Sustainable Technologies Act H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 S.1000 Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.1835 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Vectren Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Vectren Corp
- Toggle 5 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 4 EPA Preliminary 2008 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2006
- Toggle 3 EPA Rule to Reduce Interstate Transport of Fine Particulate Matter and Ozone ;Clean Air Interstate Rule, (CAIR) 2003
- Toggle 1 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 1 DOT Standard Time Zone Boundary in Southwest Indiana 2007