Vector Group Ltd. (NYSE: VGR) is a Miami, Florida-based, publicly traded holding company run by Bennett S. LeBow. The company is headquartered in the Miami Tower in Downtown Miami. The company's holdings include:
Campaign Finance$2,714,099 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Vector Group
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2 Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act H.R.2 Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009 S.625 Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act H.R.1108 Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act S.1813 MAP-21 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 S.1893 Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2007 H.R.3162 Children's Health and Medicare Protection Act of 2007 H.R.3963 Support for Injured Servicemembers Act H.R.4348 Transportation Research and Innovative Technology Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 21 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Vector Group" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Vector Group
- Toggle 4 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 3 EPA Preliminary 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2004
- Toggle 3 FDA FDA is Requesting Data, Information, and Views and Hosting a Web-Based Public Meeting to Discuss Issues Related to the Development of an Enforcement Action Plan 2010
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and the Availability of the Framework Document for Fluorescent Lamp Ballasts 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Tobacco Product Advertising and Promotion to Youth and Racial and Ethnic Minority Populations; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 Proposed Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure 2013
- Toggle 1 EPA PCBs, Consolidated Reporting and Record Keeping Requirements (ICR 1446.07; OMB Control No. 2070-0112) 2003
- Toggle 1 FDA Regulations Restricting the Sale & Distribution of Cigarettes & Smokeless Tobacco to Protect Children & Adolescents 1995
- Toggle 1 Possible Role of Independent Third Parties in Industry-Sponsored Tobacco Product Research; Establishment of a Public Docket; Request for Comments 2013
- Toggle 1 FDA Regulations Restricting the Sale and Distribution of Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco to Protect Children and Adolescents 2011