The Vanguard Group is an American investment management company that manages approximately $1.4 trillion in assets, based in Malvern, Pennsylvania. It offers mutual funds and other financial products and services to individual and institutional investors in the United States and abroad. Founder and former chairman John C. Bogle is credited with the creation of the first index fund available to individual investors, the popularization of index funds generally, and driving costs down across the mutual fund industry.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Vanguard Group
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Vanguard Group $2,430,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.2989 401(k) Fair Disclosure and Pension Security Act of 2009 H.R.1988 Conflicted Investment Advice Prohibition Act of 2009 H.R.1984 401(k) Fair Disclosure for Retirement Security Act of 2009 H.R.1669 Federal Municipal Bond Marketing Support and Securitization Act of 2009 H.R.1728 Mortgage Reform and Anti-Predatory Lending Act H.R.2549 Municipal Bond Fairness Act S.895 Helping Families Save Their Homes Act of 2009 S.896 Helping Families Save Their Homes Act of 2009 S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 20 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Vanguard Group" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Vanguard Group
- Toggle 3 TREAS Report on Section 529 College Savings Plans 2009
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC Proposed Amendment to Municipal Securities Disclosure 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards 2009
- Toggle 1 EBSA Request for Information Regarding Lifetime Income Options for Participants and Beneficiaries in Retirement Plans 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: BATS Exchange, Inc., et al. 2010
- Toggle 1 TREAS Determination of Foreign Exchange Swaps and Forwards 2010
- Toggle 1 DOS 2008 - Youth Programs Academic Year Disability Components; Request for Grant Proposals 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC References to Ratings of Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organizations 2009
- Toggle 1 SEC Money Market Fund Reform 2010