Van Ness Feldman
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Van Ness Feldman
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Consumers United for Rail Equity $950,000 American Electric Power $650,000 McKesson Corp $380,000 Sealaska Corp $320,000 PacifiCorp $260,000 Gilbarco Inc $210,000 International Bottled Water Assn $210,000 Coal Utilization Research Council $210,000 Enerkem $180,000 Kvichak Marine Industries $140,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Natural Resources,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Indian/Native American Affairs,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Economics & Econ Development
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.174 Homeland Security Cyber and Physical Infrastructure Protection Act of 2011 S.21 Cyber Security and American Cyber Competitiveness Act of 2011 S.916 Oil and Gas Facilitation Act of 2011 H.R.587 Public Lands Service Corps Act of 2011 H.R.3398 Klamath Basin Economic Restoration Act of 2011 S.1851 Klamath Basin Economic Restoration Act of 2011 H.R.905 To amend part B of title XVIII of the Social Security Act to exclude customary prompt pay discounts from manufacturers to wholesalers from the average sales price for drugs and biologicals under Medicare. H.R.1234 To amend the Act of June 18, 1934, to reaffirm the authority of the Secretary of the Interior to take land into trust for Indian tribes. H.R.1291 To amend the Act of June 18, 1934, to reaffirm the authority of the Secretary of the Interior to take land into trust for Indian tribes, and for other purposes.
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary April 19, 2013 Toledo Bend Project Joint Operation Legislation to authorize a land exchange between the Sabine River Authority of Texas and the U.S. Forest Service View registration April 12, 2013 NANA Regional Corporation Oil and gas legislation View registration Feb. 19, 2013 PHILLIPS 66 COMPANY Federal tax reform, budget sequestration, oil and gas industry tax provisions, and LIFO. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 30 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Van Ness Feldman" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Van Ness Feldman
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Van Ness Feldman
- Toggle 3 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 3 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2011
- Toggle 3 FMCSA In the Matter of Universe Bus, Inc. - Review of Imminent Hazard Operations Out-Of-Service Order 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA GHG New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) for Utilities 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA GHG New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) for Petroleum Refineries 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 1 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2012
- Toggle 1 DOE Application to Export Electric Energy: Societe Generale Energy Corp. 2011
- Toggle 1 NOAA Listing Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; 90-Day Finding on a Petition To List Alewife and Blueback Herring as Threatened Under the Endangered Species Act 2011
- Toggle 1 FERC Applications: Columbia Gulf Transmission Co. and Energy Interchange, LLC 2011