Van Ness Feldman
Campaign Finance$1,404,600 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Van Ness Feldman
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Consumers United for Rail Equity $6,710,000 American Electric Power $2,090,000 Coal Utilization Research Council $1,705,000 McKesson Corp $1,430,000 Sealaska Corp $1,380,000 Natl Endangered Species Act Reform Coal $1,340,000 Large Public Power Council $1,190,000 American Chemistry Council $780,000 PacifiCorp $729,000 Cltn for Emission Reduction Projects $670,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Natural Resources,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Indian/Native American Affairs,
- Real Estate & Land Use
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 H.R.2776 Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation Tax Act of 2007 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.987 Biofuels for Energy Security and Transportation Act of 2007 H.R.6 Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007 S.2191 America's Climate Security Act of 2007 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Oct. 21, 2013 American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity Environmental regulation of coal-fired power plants View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 129 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Van Ness Feldman" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Van Ness Feldman
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Pipeline Safety Liquefied Natural Gas Facilities; Clarifying and Updating Safety Standards 2003
- Toggle 1 DOT Computer Reservations Systems - Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2006
- Toggle 1 EERE Alternative Fuel Transportation Program; Private and Local Government Fleet Determination 2009
- Toggle 1 NOAA Listing Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; 90-Day Finding on a Petition To List Alewife and Blueback Herring as Threatened Under the Endangered Species Act 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Van Ness Feldman
- Toggle 16 EPA Consumer and Commercial Products: Control Techniques Guidelines for Surface Coating of Auto and Light Duty Trucks 2008
- Toggle 13 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 8 PHMSA Duracool Limited - Hazardous Materials - Emergency/Exemption - Use, Marking and Labeling of Sexton containers for Transportation of Duracool 12a by Highway, Rail and Vessel 1998
- Toggle 7 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Water Transfers Rule 2006
- Toggle 7 EPA Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Non-attainment New Source Review (NSR): Routine Maintenance,Repair and Replacement 2002
- Toggle 6 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants: Surface Coating of Automobiles and Light-DutyTrucks 2002
- Toggle 3 EPA North Carolina NSR/PSD Revision 2005
- Toggle 3 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 3 EPA Electric Utility Generating Units 2003
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Van Ness Feldman" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee