United Services Automobile Association (USAA) is a Fortune 500 financial services company offering banking, investing, and insurance to people and families that serve, or served, in the United States military. In 2009, there were 7.4 million members.
Campaign Finance$9,765,597 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Rick Perry Dan Brouillette $77,000
RegulationsMentioned in 197 dockets; Submitted to 25 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Usaa" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Usaa
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Insurer Reporting Requirements; List of Insurer Required to File Reports 2002
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Calendar Year 1999 Insurer Submissions under 49 CFR 544 2004
- Toggle 1 NHTSA NPRM-Insurer Reporting Requirements 2004
- Toggle 1 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 1 CFPB Integrated Mortgage Disclosures under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X) and the Truth In Lending Act (Regulation Z) 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB Regulation Z; Truth in Lending 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB Regulation Z; Truth in Lending 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Animal Proteins Prohibited in Ruminant Feed 2002
- Toggle 1 FAA Exemption/Rulemaking - US Airways 2004
- Toggle 1 OTS Unfair or Deceptive Acts or Practices 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Usaa
- Toggle 10 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 8 DOT 92-10-19 Order - United States-South Africa Frequency Allocation Proceeding 1995
- Toggle 8 NHTSA NPRM-Insurer Reporting Requirements 2004
- Toggle 7 NHTSA Insurers Reporting Requirements List of Insurers 2008 2008
- Toggle 7 DOT U.S.-Africa Airways, Inc. - Certificate - U.S.-Africa (9A) 1996
- Toggle 6 NHTSA Insurer Reporting Requirements; List of Insurer Required to File Reports 2002
- Toggle 5 EPA Review of the Secondary National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Oxides of Nitrogen and Oxides of Sulfur 2007
- Toggle 5 FAA In the Matter of US Airways, Inc. - Complaint - CP08EA0006 2008
- Toggle 5 NHTSA List of Insurers Required to Report by October 25, 2007 2007
- Toggle 5 DOT 2007, 2008, 2009 US-China Air Services and Combination Frequency Allocation Procedure 2007
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.