The United States Senate is the upper house of the bicameral legislature of the United States, and together with the United States House of Representatives comprises the United States Congress. The composition and powers of the Senate are established in Article One of the U.S. Constitution (which does not use the terms "upper" and "lower"). Each U.S. state is represented by two senators, regardless of population. Senators serve staggered six-year terms. The chamber of the United States Senate is located in the north wing of the Capitol, in Washington, D.C., the national capital. The House of Representatives convenes in the south wing of the same building.
Campaign Finance$711,722 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 278 dockets; Submitted to 45 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "US Senate" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for US Senate
- Toggle 6 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part III): Advanced Approaches Risk-based Capital Rules; Market Risk Capital Rule 2012
- Toggle 6 DOT Order Soliciting Small Community Grant Proposals 2011
- Toggle 5 WHD Application of the Fair Labor Standards Act to Domestic Service 2011
- Toggle 5 APHIS Animal Welfare; Retail Pet Stores and Licensing Exemptions 2011
- Toggle 4 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Energy Conservation Standards for Direct Heating Equipment 2011
- Toggle 4 FMCSA Regulatory Guidance: Applicability of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations to Operators of Certain Farm Vehicles and Off-Road Agricultural Equipment 2011
- Toggle 3 USCG Safety Zone: Recertification of the Cook Inlet Regional Citizens' Advisory Council 2011
- Toggle 3 DOT 2012 - Small Community Air Service Development Program 2012
- Toggle 3 OSHA Establishment of the Whistleblower Protection Advisory Committee (WPAC) 2012
- Toggle 3 OCC Credit Risk Retention by Securitizers 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for US Senate
- Toggle 39 DOT 2012 - Small Community Air Service Development Program 2012
- Toggle 26 DOT Order Soliciting Small Community Grant Proposals 2011
- Toggle 22 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 14 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Healthcare Professional Survey of Prescription Drug Promotion 2012
- Toggle 14 FDA Section 301. Foreign Supplier Verification Program 2011
- Toggle 12 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 11 Designation of Critical Habitat for the Northwest Atlantic Ocean Distinct Population Segment of the Loggerhead Sea Turtle 2012
- Toggle 10 Implementation of the Shark Conservation Act of 2010 2012
- Toggle 9 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 9 FMCSA Regulatory Guidance: Applicability of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations to Operators of Certain Farm Vehicles and Off-Road Agricultural Equipment 2011