The United States Senate is the upper house of the bicameral legislature of the United States, and together with the United States House of Representatives comprises the United States Congress. The composition and powers of the Senate are established in Article One of the U.S. Constitution (which does not use the terms "upper" and "lower"). Each U.S. state is represented by two senators, regardless of population. Senators serve staggered six-year terms. The chamber of the United States Senate is located in the north wing of the Capitol, in Washington, D.C., the national capital. The House of Representatives convenes in the south wing of the same building.
Campaign Finance$589,971 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 302 dockets; Submitted to 28 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "US Senate" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for US Senate
- Toggle 6 EERE Notice of Availability of Interpretive Rule on the Applicability of Current Water Conservation Standards for Showerheads; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 5 ED Gainful Employment--Student Assistance General Provisions--34 CFR Part 668 2010
- Toggle 5 FSOC Public Input for the Study Regarding the Implementation of the Prohibitions on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2010
- Toggle 4 FDA Revise Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) Affirmation Regulation for High Fructose Corn Syrup to Recognize "Corn Sugar" as an Alternate Common or Usual Name for High Fructose Corn Syrup-CLOSED 2010
- Toggle 3 DOT Notice of Order Soliciting Community Proposals 2010
- Toggle 3 OSHA Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health (ACCSH) Membership Nominations 2010
- Toggle 2 FWS Designation of Critical Habitat for the Dusky Gopher Frog (Previously Mississippi Gopher Frog) 2010
- Toggle 2 USCG Application for Recertification of Prince Willam Sound Regional Citizens' Advisory Council 2010
- Toggle 2 GIPSA Implementation of Regulations Required Under Title XI of the Food, Conservation and Energy Act of 2008; Conduct in Violation of the Act 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Restaurant Menu Labeling: Registration for Small Chains Under Section 4205 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for US Senate
- Toggle 34 DOT Notice of Order Soliciting Community Proposals 2009
- Toggle 31 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 27 DOT Notice of Order Soliciting Community Proposals 2010
- Toggle 23 EPA Proposed Endangerment Finding for Greenhouse Gases under the Clean Air Act (CAA) 2009
- Toggle 21 EPA Memorandum of Understanding Implementing the Interagency Action Plan on Appalachian Surface Coal Mining 2009
- Toggle 19 EPA Notice of Receipt of a Request for a Clean Air Act Waiver to Increase the Allowable Ethanol Content of Gasoline to 15 Percent 2009
- Toggle 16 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 16 USTR 2010 Special 301 2010
- Toggle 13 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 13 EPA Workshop: Cumulative Mixtures Risk of Six Selected Phthalates in Support of the Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) 2010