The United States Navy (USN) is the naval warfare service branch of the United States Armed Forces and one of the seven uniformed services of the United States. The U.S. Navy is the largest in the world; its battle fleet tonnage is greater than that of the next 13 largest navies combined. The U.S. Navy also has the world's largest carrier fleet, with 11 in service and one under construction. The service had 328,516 personnel on active duty and 101,689 in the Navy Reserve in January 2011. It operates 286 ships in active service and more than 3,700 aircraft.
Campaign Finance$534,019 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 179 dockets; Submitted to 13 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "US Navy" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for US Navy
- Toggle 3 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 2 DOS 60–Day Notice of Proposed Information Collection: DS–5513, Biographical Questionnaire for U.S. Passport, 1405–XXXX 2011
- Toggle 1 FTA Notice of Request to Rescind Buy America Waiver for Minivans and Minivan Chassis 2012
- Toggle 1 VA AO09 - Interim Final Rule - Extension of Statutory Period for Compensation for Certain Disabilities Due to Undiagnosed Illnesses and Medically Unexplained Chronic Multi-Symptom Illnesses 2012
- Toggle 1 FWS Removal of the U.S. Captive-bred Inter-subspecific crossed or generic Tiger From the Exemption to Register Under the Captive-bred Wildlife Regulations 2011
- Toggle 1 NOAA Endangered and Threatened Species: Designation of Critical Habitat for Threatened Lower Columbia River Coho Salmon and Puget Sound Steelhead 2011
- Toggle 1 NOAA Notice of availability and request for comments on draft 2012 marine mammal stock assessment reports 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Petition to List the African Lion (Panthera leo leo) As Endangered 2012
- Toggle 1 APHIS Horse Protection Act; Petition for Amendments to Regulations 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for US Navy
- Toggle 19 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 16 EPA NPDES - Small Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Small Vessels (sVGP) 2011
- Toggle 13 FAA Notice of Public Meeting - Living History Flight Experience (LHFE): Exemptions for Passenger Carrying Operations Conducted for Compensation and Hire in Other Than Standard Category Aircraft 2012
- Toggle 12 Proposed Rule to Eliminate the Expiration Date Contained in the Final Rule to Reduce the Threat of Ship Collisions with North Atlantic Right Whales 2012
- Toggle 10 FAA Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and Experimental Aircraft Association - Exemption/Rulemaking 2012
- Toggle 10 DOS 60–Day Notice of Proposed Information Collection: DS–5513, Biographical Questionnaire for U.S. Passport, 1405–XXXX 2011
- Toggle 8 CMS Certain Preventive Services Under the Affordable Care Act 2012
- Toggle 8 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 6 NOAA Notice of Availability for Monitor National Marine Sanctuary Draft Management Plan and Environmental Assessment 2012
- Toggle 5 USCG Safety Zone; Recreational Vessel Propeller-Strike and Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Casuality Prevention 2011
EPA Violations4 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Alameda Naval Air Station (Ff)||United States Navy||2011||Alameda, Ca||$125,811,705|
|Apra Harbor, Us Navy, Federal Facilities Compliance Agreement||United States Navy||2011||Apra Harbor Naval ...||$75,400,000|
|Naval Amphibious Little Creek||Naval Amphibious Base Little Creek||2011||Norfolk, Va||$13,909,707|
|Navy, Dept Of Naval Weapons Station Yorktown - Cheatham Annex||Navy, Dept Of Naval Weapons Station Yorktown - Che||2011||Yorktown, Va||$5,005,000|
Advisory Committees6 people on 6 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "US Navy" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle National Archives and Records Administration 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee