US Green Building Council
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), co-founded by Mike Italiano, David Gottfried and Rick Fedrizzi in 1993, is a non-profit trade organization that promotes sustainability in how buildings are designed, built, and operated. USGBC is best known for the development of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) green building rating systems and Greenbuild, a green building conference and expo that promotes the green building industry, including environmentally responsible materials, sustainable architecture techniques and public policy.
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of US Green Building Council
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount US Green Building Council $685,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Government Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1000 Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.1734 Civilian Property Realignment Act H.R.1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 S.981 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.2055 Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2599 PACE Assessment Protection Act of 2011 H.R.3210 Retailers and Entertainers Lacey Implementation and Enforcement Fairness Act S.1621 Livable Communities Act of 2011 S.1737 Sensible Accounting to Value Energy Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 12 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "US Green Building Council" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for US Green Building Council
- Toggle 4 GSA GSA; General Notices 2012
- Toggle 1 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA GHG New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) for Petroleum Refineries 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Revising Underground Storage Tank Regulations - Revisions to existing requirements and new requirements for secondary containment and operator training 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Definition of "Waters of the United States" Under the Clean Water Act 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans, California 2007San Joaquin Valley 8-hour Ozone Plan and 2007 State Strategy 2011
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 1 OSHA Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health (ACCSH) 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Proposed Confidentiality Determinations for Eight Subparts of the Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA GHG New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) for Utilities 2011