US Dept of State
The United States Department of State (often referred to as the State Department), is the United States federal executive department responsible for international relations of the United States, equivalent to the foreign ministries of other countries. The Department was created in 1789 and was the first executive department established.
Campaign Finance$6,853,891 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 444 dockets; Submitted to 15 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "US Dept of State" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for US Dept of State
- Toggle 1 OSHA HAZARD COMMUNICATION 2006
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Department of State - Emergency Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Emergency Request to Authorize the Transportation of Solid Material Suspected of Being Contaminated with Anthrax Bacteria or Spores in a Bulk Combination Packaging 2002
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 IRS Shared Responsibility for Employers Regarding Health Coverage 2013
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Southern California Edison - Exemption - Transport of Reactor Pressure Vessel Package Transport System (RPVPTS) 2001
- Toggle 1 USCG Beacon Port LLC Liquefied Natural Gas Deep Water Port Licence Application 2005
- Toggle 1 USCG Neptune LNG, L.L.C. Liquefied Natural Gas Deepwater Port License Application 2005
- Toggle 1 USCG Northeast Gateway Energy Bridge, L.L.C., Liquefied Natural Gas Deepwater Port License Application 2005
- Toggle 1 DOT Jet Airways (India) Ltd. - Exemption - U.S.-India 2005
- Toggle 1 DOT Small Community Air Service Development Program 2006
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for US Dept of State
- Toggle 51 Comments received by the U.S. State Department on the Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for the Proposed Keystone XL Project 2013
- Toggle 48 DOT Foreign Air Carrier Plans to Address Needs of Families of Victims of Aircraft Accidents 1998
- Toggle 23 DOT Airline Passenger Manifest Information Required to be Filed Under 14 CFR Part 243 1998
- Toggle 17 DOS National Security Information Regulations Unknown
- Toggle 15 DOT Air Marshall Islands, Inc. - Exemption/Renewal - Majuro/Kwajalein, Marshall Islands-Honolulu, Hawaii 1996
- Toggle 15 DOT Industry Letter re: Aviation Disaster Family Assistance Act of 1996 1996
- Toggle 14 DOS 2008 Public Notice - Educational and Cultural Affairs 2008
- Toggle 10 DOT Fine Airlines vs Aeroservicios Ecuatorianos, and the Gov't of Ecuador - IATFCA Complaint 1995
- Toggle 10 Implementation of the Shark Conservation Act of 2010 2012
- Toggle 10 DOT Fine Airlines, Inc. - Complaint Against The Government of the Republic of Peru 1995
Advisory Committees5 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "US Dept of State" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of State 4 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Interior 1 person on 1 committee