US Coast Guard
The United States Coast Guard (USCG) is a branch of the United States Armed Forces and one of the seven U.S. uniformed services. The Coast Guard is a maritime, military, multi-mission service unique among the military branches for having a maritime law enforcement mission (with jurisdiction in both domestic and international waters) and a federal regulatory agency mission as part of its mission set. It operates under the Department of Homeland Security during peacetime, and can be transferred to the Department of the Navy by the President at any time or Congress during time of war.
Campaign Finance$75,296 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 609 dockets; Submitted to 13 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "US Coast Guard" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for US Coast Guard
- Toggle 2 USCG Security Zone; Kaunakakai Harbor, Molokai, Hawaii from January 19 - May 15, 2012 2011
- Toggle 1 NOAA of 90-Day Finding on a Petition to List Nassau Grouper (Epinephelus striatus) under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) 2012
- Toggle 1 FAA Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and Experimental Aircraft Association - Exemption/Rulemaking 2012
- Toggle 1 USCG Security Zone; Protection of Military Cargo, COTP Zone Puget Sound, WA 2012
- Toggle 1 NOAA Listing Endangered and Threatened Species: Notification of a Finding on a Petition to Delist the green turtle in Hawaii under the Endangered Species Act 2012
- Toggle 1 OPM Excepted Service, Career and Career-Conditional Employment; and Pathways Programs 2011
- Toggle 1 BOEM Commercial Leasing for Wind Power on the OCS Offshore Maryland -- Call for Information and Nominations 2011
- Toggle 1 USCG Amend Offshore Oil Regulations and Oil Spill Response Plans to Protect Endangered Sea Turtles and Marine Wildlife 2011
- Toggle 1 BOEM Potential Commercial Leasing for Wind Power on the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) Offshore New York, Request for Interest 2012
- Toggle 1 OSHA Maritime Advisory Committee for Occupational Safety and Health (MACOSH); Meetings; Federal Register Notices; and Exhibits for 2012 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for US Coast Guard
- Toggle 108 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 43 EPA NPDES - Small Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Small Vessels (sVGP) 2011
- Toggle 40 NOAA Pacific Halibut Fisheries; Catch Sharing Plan for Guided Sport and Commercial Fisheries in Alaska 2011
- Toggle 21 USCG Availability of Draft Environmental Assessment for the Proposed Modification of the Bayonne Bridge 2012
- Toggle 14 USCG Inflatable Personal Flotation Devices 2011
- Toggle 11 NOAA Sector Operations Plans and Allocations for Fishing Year 2012 2011
- Toggle 11 USCG Regulated Navigation Area; Buzzard's Bay, MA; Navigable Waterways Within the First Coast Guard District 2012
- Toggle 11 Implementation of the Shark Conservation Act of 2010 2012
- Toggle 10 USCG Port Access Route Study; The Atlantic Coast From Maine to Florida 2011
- Toggle 9 HUD FR–5477–N–01 Federal Property Suitable as Facilities to Assist the Homeless 2011
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "US Coast Guard" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 3 people on 3 committees