US Chamber of Commerce
The United States Chamber of Commerce (USCC) is a lobbying group in the United States of America, representing many businesses and associations across the USA and throughout the world. It is not an agency of the United States government.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of US Chamber of Commerce
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount US Chamber of Commerce $93,180,000 US Chamber Institute for Legal Reform $51,120,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Civil Rights & Civil Liberties,
- Government Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Consumer Product Safety,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3010 Arbitration Fairness Act of 2007 S.1782 Arbitration Fairness Act of 2007 S.186 Attorney-Client Privilege Protection Sct of 2007 S.2041 False Claims Act Correction Act of 2007 H.R.3013 Attorney-Client Privilege Act of 2007 H.R.4854 False Claims Act Correction Act of 2007 H.R.1424 Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007 H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007 H.R.1666 Health Care Price Transparency Promotion Act of 2007 H.R.2638 Border Infrastructure and Technology Modernizat
RegulationsMentioned in 28 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "US Chamber of Commerce" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for US Chamber of Commerce
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for US Chamber of Commerce
- Toggle 190 EPA Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for Greenhouse Gases Under the Clean Air Act 2008
- Toggle 9 FWS Injurious Wildlife Species; Constrictor Snakes from Python, Boa, and Eunectes Genera 2008
- Toggle 4 TSA Large Aircraft Security Program, Other Aircraft Operator Security Program, and Airport Operator Security Program 2008
- Toggle 3 DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability by Public Accommodations and in Commercial Facilities 2008
- Toggle 3 DOT 2007, 2008, 2009 US-China Air Services and Combination Frequency Allocation Procedure 2007
- Toggle 3 DOT American Airlines, Inc., British Airways Plc, Finnair Oyj, Iberia Lineas Aereas de Expana, S.A. and Royal Jordanian Airlines - Approval of and Antirust Immunity for Alliance Agreements 2008
- Toggle 2 EPA Underground Injection Control (UIC) Program: Federal Requirements for Class VI Injection Wells for the Geologic Sequestration of Carbon Dioxide - Proposed Rule 2008
- Toggle 1 DOT Colgan Air, Inc. - Certificate - Foreign Air Transportation 2007
- Toggle 1 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Particulate Matter 2007
- Toggle 1 DOT Colgan Air, Inc. - Certificate - Interstate Air Transportation 2007
Advisory Committees3 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "US Chamber of Commerce" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of State 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 1 committee