US Chamber of Commerce
The United States Chamber of Commerce (USCC) is a lobbying group in the United States of America, representing many businesses and associations across the USA and throughout the world. It is not an agency of the United States government.
Campaign Finance$86,017,919 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of US Chamber of Commerce
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount US Chamber of Commerce $711,865,445 US Chamber Institute for Legal Reform $287,055,235
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Government Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.1020 Arbitration Fairness Act of 2009 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 S.1504 Notice Pleading Restoration Act of 2009 H.R.1346 Medical Device Safety Act of 2009 S.540 Medical Device Safety Act of 2009 S.1631 Customs Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Reauthorization Act of 2009 S.512 Fairness in Nursing Home Arbitration Act H.R.1237 Fairness in Nursing Home Arbitration Act of 2009 H.R.3126 Consumer Financial Protection Agency Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 238 dockets; Submitted to 56 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "US Chamber of Commerce" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for US Chamber of Commerce
- Toggle 5 OSHA NOISE 2006
- Toggle 4 OSHA RECORDING AND REPORTING OCCUPATIONAL ILLNESSES AND INJURIES 2006
- Toggle 4 NLRB Proposed Rules Governing Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act 2010
- Toggle 3 OSHA NOISE 2006
- Toggle 3 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 3 OSHA MECHANICAL POWER PRESSES 2006
- Toggle 2 OSHA HEXAVALENT CHROMIUM 2006
- Toggle 2 APHIS Agricultural Inspection and AQI User Fees Along the U.S./Canada Border 2006
- Toggle 2 OSHA NOISE 2006
- Toggle 2 OSHA FIRE BRIGADES 2006
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for US Chamber of Commerce
- Toggle 196 EPA Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for Greenhouse Gases Under the Clean Air Act 2008
- Toggle 22 OSHA ERGONOMICS PROGRAM 2006
- Toggle 20 EPA Proposed Endangerment Finding for Greenhouse Gases under the Clean Air Act (CAA) 2009
- Toggle 16 Comments received by the U.S. State Department on the Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for the Proposed Keystone XL Project 2013
- Toggle 12 FWS Injurious Wildlife Species; Constrictor Snakes from Python, Boa, and Eunectes Genera 2008
- Toggle 10 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Ozone 2005
- Toggle 10 NLRB Proposed Rules Governing Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act 2010
- Toggle 9 FMCSA Demonstration Project on NAFTA Trucking Provisions 2007
- Toggle 8 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 7 OSHA NOISE 2006
Advisory Committees8 people on 7 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "US Chamber of Commerce" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of State 3 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Labor 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Export-Import Bank of the United States 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee