Campaign Finance$2,251,318 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of US Airways
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount US Airways $21,133,609
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Consumer Product Safety
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.915 FAA Reauthorization Act of 2009 S.36 Abolishing Aviation Barriers Act of 2009 S.1451 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 H.R.1941 S.223 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act H.R.827 To amend title 49, United States Code, to allow for additional flights beyond the perimeter restriction applicable to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, and for other purposes. H.R.2881 FAA Reauthorization Act of 2007 H.R.624 Airline Passenger Bill of Rights Act of 2009 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 2797 dockets; Submitted to 388 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "US Airways" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for US Airways
- Toggle 67 DOT Interim slot rules at LaGuardia Airport (exemptions for air service to small and nonhub airports -- limited to aircraft with a seating capacity of less than 71) 2000
- Toggle 61 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (Within-Perimeter Exemptions, i.e., Service to Another Airport 1,250 Miles Away or Less From Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
- Toggle 34 DOT USAir, Inc. - Motion for Confidential Treatment - Schedule B-7 of Form 41 1996
- Toggle 19 FAA Policy Statement on Occupational Safety and Health Standards for Aircraft Cabin Crewmembers 2012
- Toggle 19 DOT 2007, 2008, 2009 US-China Air Services and Combination Frequency Allocation Procedure 2007
- Toggle 15 DOT US Airways, Inc. - Exemption - Boston-Cancun 2002
- Toggle 14 DOT US Airways, Inc. - Exemption - United States-Belize 2002
- Toggle 13 DOT US Airways, Inc. - Exemption - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands 1997
- Toggle 12 DOT US Airways, Inc. and British Midland Airways Limited - Exemption/Statement of Authorization - U.S.-United Kingdom 2004
- Toggle 11 DOT Special rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for US Airways
- Toggle 943 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (Within-Perimeter Exemptions, i.e., Service to Another Airport 1,250 Miles Away or Less From Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
- Toggle 278 DOT Special rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
- Toggle 155 DOT 98-12-3 Order Instituting Proceeding - 1999 U.S.-Italy Combination Service Case 1998
- Toggle 131 DOT 2007, 2008, 2009 US-China Air Services and Combination Frequency Allocation Procedure 2007
- Toggle 124 DOT Enhancing Airline Passenger Protections 2007
- Toggle 121 DOT Champlain Enterprises, Inc., d/b/a CommutAir, d/b/a US Airways Express - 90-Day Notice to Terminate Service at Adirondack Regional Airport 2000
- Toggle 115 EPA Effluent Guidelines and Standards for the Airport Deicing Category 2004
- Toggle 113 DOT U.S. DOT/OST - Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Computer Reservation System (CRS) Regulations (Part 255) 1997
- Toggle 110 DOT American Airlines, Inc. and British Airways PLC - Approval of/and Antitrust Immunity For Alliance Agreement 1997
- Toggle 106 DOT Complaint Against Los Angeles World Airports, Los Angeles Board of Airport Commissioners and the City of Los Angeles, California 2007
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Peak Oil Superfund Site (De Minimis Aoc)||U.S. Airways, Inc. (+310 others)||2002||Tampa, Fl||$2,421,038|
Advisory Committees28 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "US Airways" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 27 people on 2 committees
- Toggle National Aeronautics and Space Administration 1 person on 1 committee