US Air Force
The United States Air Force (USAF) is the aerial warfare service branch of the United States Armed Forces and one of the American uniformed services. Initially part of the United States Army, the USAF was formed as a separate branch of the military on September 18, 1947 under the National Security Act of 1947. It is the most recent branch of the U.S. military to be formed, as well as the world's most technologically sophisticated air force. The USAF articulates its core functions in its 2010 Posture Statement as Nuclear Deterrence Operations, Special Operations, Air Superiority, Global Integrated ISR, Space Superiority, Command and Control, Cyberspace Superiority, Personnel Recovery, Global Precision Attack, Building Partnerships, Rapid Global Mobility and Agile Combat Support.
Campaign Finance$548,266 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 87 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "US Air Force" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for US Air Force
- Toggle 2 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2011
- Toggle 1 CPSC Safety Standard for Magnet Sets 2012
- Toggle 1 FAA Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and Experimental Aircraft Association - Exemption/Rulemaking 2012
- Toggle 1 OPM Excepted Service, Career and Career-Conditional Employment; and Pathways Programs 2011
- Toggle 1 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 1 NOAA Boundary Expansion of Cordell Bank and Gulf of the Farallones National Marine Sanctuaries; Intent to Prepare Draft Environmental Impact Statement; Scoping Meetings 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for US Air Force
- Toggle 20 FAA Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and Experimental Aircraft Association - Exemption/Rulemaking 2012
- Toggle 14 FAA Proposed Establishment of Restricted AReas R-5402 and R-5403A, R-5403B, R-5403C, R-5403D, R-5403E, & R-5403F, Devils Lake, ND 2011
- Toggle 6 CMS Certain Preventive Services Under the Affordable Care Act 2012
- Toggle 4 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 4 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
- Toggle 4 DOS 60–Day Notice of Proposed Information Collection: DS–5513, Biographical Questionnaire for U.S. Passport, 1405–XXXX 2011
- Toggle 3 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Request for Comment on Letters Seeking a Waiver of the Renewable Fuel Standard 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Revising Underground Storage Tank Regulations - Revisions to existing requirements and new requirements for secondary containment and operator training 2011
Advisory Committees9 people on 7 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "US Air Force" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 6 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Archives and Records Administration 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Office of Personnel Management 1 person on 1 committee