UPMC Health System
Campaign Finance$896,850 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of UPMC Health System
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount University of Pittsburgh Medical Center $14,432,946 UPMC Health System $540,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2219 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2642 Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.3222 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.1409 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.560 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 H.R.1409 Quality Health Care Coalition Act of 2011 H.R.1585 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 H.R.5658 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009 S.560 Medicare Prescription Drug Savings and Choice Act of 2011 H.R.1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 14 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "UPMC Health System" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for UPMC Health System
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for UPMC Health System
- Toggle 2 OSHA National Advisory Committee on Occupational Safety and Health (NACOSH); Request for Nominations and Meetings for 2009 2009
- Toggle 2 CMS Recently Posted CMS Rules and Notices. Unknown
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program: Proposed Changes to the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and CY 2009 Payment Rates; Proposed Changes to the Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment System and CY 2009 Payment Rates 2008
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Quarterly Listing of Program Issuances--July Through September 2007 2007
- Toggle 1 CMS Prospective Payment System for Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities for FY 2008 2010
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Quarterly Listing of Program Issuances--July Through September 2006 2006
- Toggle 1 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Quarterly Listing of Program Issuances--October Through December 2006 2007
- Toggle 1 EPA Seeking Nominations to the Human Studies Review Board (HSRB) 2008
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Quarterly Listing of Program Issuances--April Through June 2006 2006
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "UPMC Health System" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee