University of Washington
The University of Washington (UW, commonly called U-Dub) is a public research university, founded in 1861 in Seattle, Washington, United States. UW is the largest university in the Northwestern United States and one of the oldest universities on the West Coast. The university has three campuses, with its largest campus in the University District, Seattle and two other campuses Tacoma and Bothell. Its operating budget for fiscal year 2005 was $3.1 billion. The UW occupies over 500 buildings, with over 20 million gross square footage of space, including the latest University of Washington Plaza consisting 325 ft- 22 story UW Tower & conference center.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$3,840,768 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of University of Washington
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount University of Washington $5,928,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Science & Technology,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Health Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1693 Wired for Health Care Quality Act H.R.1908 Patent Reform Act of 2007 S.1145 Patent Reform Act of 2007 H.R.1751 American Dream Act H.R.2642 Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.5647 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2007 S.1710 Department of Health and Human Services Appropriations Act, 2008 S.2029 Physician Payments Sunshine Act of 2007 H.R.1105 Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2009 H.R.2638 Border Infrastructure and Technology Modernizat
RegulationsMentioned in 1844 dockets; Submitted to 84 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "University of Washington" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for University of Washington
- Toggle 8 DOT Special rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
- Toggle 5 CNCS 2011 Criminal Background Check Proposed Rule 2011
- Toggle 5 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 5 FWS Policy on Interpretation of the Phrase "Significant Portion of Its Range" 2011
- Toggle 4 FDA Proposed Switch of Acyclovir from Prescription to OTC Status 1994
- Toggle 4 FWS Revised Definitions for ESA Section 7 Consultations; 50 CFR Part 402 2008
- Toggle 3 APHIS Regulatory Status of Alfalfa Genetically Engineered for Tolerance to the Herbicide Glyphosate 2007
- Toggle 3 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 3 FWS Designating the Northern Rocky Mountain Population of Gray Wolf as a Distinct Population Segment and Removing This Distinct Population Segment From the Federal List of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife 2008
- Toggle 3 NIH Responsibility of Applicants for Promoting Objectivity in Research for Which Public Health Service Funding is Sought and Responsible Prospective Contractors 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for University of Washington
- Toggle 60 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) for Particulate Matter (PM) 2001
- Toggle 59 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System - Regulations To Establish Requirements for Cooling Water Intake Structures at Phase II Existing Facilities 2002
- Toggle 54 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Particulate Matter 2007
- Toggle 54 EPA Effluent Limitation Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Construction and Development Category 2008
- Toggle 51 EPA Proposed Endangerment Finding for Greenhouse Gases under the Clean Air Act (CAA) 2009
- Toggle 41 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 39 EPA Standards of Performance for Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Existing Sources: Electric Utility Generating Units 2013
- Toggle 37 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Lakes and Flowing Waters 2009
- Toggle 37 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Estuaries and Coastal Waters 2010
- Toggle 34 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards 2008
|2010||$4,640,000||University of Washington: Institute for Simulation and Interprofessional Studies|
|2010||$4,000,000||University of Washington: Puget Sound Ecosystem Research Initiative at the University of Washington|
|2008||$3,200,000||University of Washington: University Research Initiatives -- Research Infrastructure for the Applied Physics Laboratory|
University of Washington:
Environmental Protection -- Puget Sound Anoxia Research
|2010||$469,000||University of Washington Washington State University: Competitiveness of Agricultural Products, WA|
Federal Spending1,235 grants; 106 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|University Of Washington||2010||National Institutes Of Health||INSTITUTE FOR TRANSLATIONAL HEALTH SCIENCE (UL1)||$9,926,823|
|University Of Washington||2009||National Institutes Of Health||INSTITUTE FOR TRANSLATIONAL HEALTH SCIENCE (UL1)||$9,921,720|
|University Of Washington||2008||National Institutes Of Health||INSTITUTE FOR TRANSLATIONAL HEALTH SCIENCE (UL1)||$9,919,954|
|University Of Washington||2010||Agency For Health Care Policy And Research||BACK PAIN OUTCOMES USING LONGITUDINAL DATA (BOLD)||$9,887,064|
|University Of Washington||2012||National Institutes Of Health||INSTITUTE OF TRANSLATIONAL HEALTH SCIENCES||$9,802,566|
|University Of Washington||2011||National Institutes Of Health||INSTITUTE FOR TRANSLATIONAL HEALTH SCIENCE (UL1)||$9,615,754|
|University Of Washington||2007||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$9,372,220|
|University Of Washington||2009||Health Resources And Services Administration||INTERNATIONAL AIDS EDUCATION AND TRAINING CENTER||$9,183,081|
|University Of Washington||2004||Environmental Protection Agency||STUDY OF ATHEROSCLEROSIS CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE AND EXPOSURE TO AMBIENT PARTICULATE MATTER||$9,115,791|
|University Of Washington||2012||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$8,668,110|
Advisory Committees1283 people on 303 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "University of Washington" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 751 people on 111 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 430 people on 129 committees
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 32 people on 15 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 32 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Defense 9 people on 9 committees
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 10 people on 6 committees
- Toggle National Aeronautics and Space Administration 7 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of Energy 8 people on 4 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Arts 6 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 4 people on 6 committees