University of Vermont
The University of Vermont and State Agricultural College, more commonly known as the University of Vermont, is a public research university and, after 1862, the state of Vermont's land-grant university. The University is commonly known as "UVM," an abbreviation of its Latin name, Universitas Viridis Montis (University of the Green Mountains). UVM was among the original eight Public Ivies.
Campaign Finance$225,929 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of University of Vermont
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
RegulationsMentioned in 279 dockets; Submitted to 20 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "University of Vermont" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for University of Vermont
- Toggle 4 NIFA AFRI Stakeholder 2010 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Strengthening the Center for Devices and Radiological Health’s 510(k) Review Process; Public Meeting; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 3 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Proposed Switch of Acyclovir from Prescription to OTC Status 1994
- Toggle 2 FDA Preventive Controls for Fresh Produce; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 2 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Notice of Establishment of an Advisory Committee 2006
- Toggle 1 APHIS ArborGen, LLC; Availability of an Environmental Assessment for Controlled Release of a Genetically Engineered Eucalyptus Hybrid 2008
- Toggle 1 Reform of Federal Policies Relating to Grants and Cooperative Agreements; Cost Principles and Administrative Requirements (including Single Audit Act) 2013
- Toggle 1 OSHA Occupational Exposure to Crystalline Silica 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for University of Vermont
- Toggle 23 EPA Project XL Site-Specific Rulemaking for University Laboratories at the University of Massachusetts Boston, Boston, Massachusetts; Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts; and the University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont; Proposed Rule 1999
- Toggle 22 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitations Guidelines and Standards for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs). 2002
- Toggle 18 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, and Other Part B Payment Policies; Revisions to Payment Policies for Ambulance Services for CY 2008; and the Proposed Elimination of the E-Rx Exemption for Computer-Generated Faxes*** 2010
- Toggle 17 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 13 FDA Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption 2011
- Toggle 13 EPA CERCLA/EPCRA Administrative Reporting Exemption for Air Releases of Hazardous Substances from Animal Waste 2007
- Toggle 13 EPA Standards Applicable to Generators of Hazardous Waste; Subpart K- Standards Applicable to Academic Laboratories 2003
- Toggle 13 Comments received by the U.S. State Department on the Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for the Proposed Keystone XL Project 2013
- Toggle 11 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 10 FTA Elderly and Individuals with Disabilities Job Access and Reverse Commute New Freedom Programs and Coordinated Public Transit Human Service Transportation Plans; Proposed Implementation Strategies 2006
|2010||$500,000||University of Vermont: Complex Systems and Advanced Computing Center|
|2009||$500,000||University of Vermont: University of Vermont for the Complex Systems Center for Informed Decision-Making and Design to develop intelligent systems design and adaptive robotics|
|2009||$350,000||University of Vermont: University of Vermont for research on water quality, ecosystem health and the transport of pollutants|
|2008||$336,000||University of Vermont: Environmentally Safe Products, VT|
|2010||$295,000||University of Vermont, University of Maine, and University of Connecticut: NE Center for Invasive Plants, CT, ME, VT|
|2008||$261,000||University of Vermont: Center for Rural Studies, VT|
|2009||$250,000||University of Vermont: University of Vermont for research targeting, understanding and mitigating invasive species, toxic blue green algae and new contaminants of concern|
|2008||$240,000||University of Vermont: Biosafety, VT|
|2008||$112,000||University of Vermont: Childhood Obesity & Nutrition, VT|
|2008||$97,000||University of Vermont: Maple Research, VT|
Federal Spending138 grants
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|University Of Vermont||2010||National Institutes Of Health||BIOENGINEERING NEW LUNGS FROM CADAVERIC LUNG SCAFFOLDS||$4,255,543|
|University Of Vermont||2001||National Institutes Of Health||$3,663,696|
|University Of Vermont||2005||National Institutes Of Health||$3,351,324|
|University Of Vermont||2003||National Institutes Of Health||$3,267,142|
|University Of Vermont||2002||National Institutes Of Health||$3,237,481|
|University Of Vermont||2009||Research And Innovative Technology Administration||University Transportation Center||$3,199,000|
|University Of Vermont||2010||National Institutes Of Health||VERMONT GENETICS NETWORK-VERMONT INBRE||$3,191,265|
|University Of Vermont||2006||National Institutes Of Health||$3,166,423|
|University Of Vermont||2012||National Institutes Of Health||VERMONT GENETICS NETWORK-VERMONT INBRE||$3,163,270|
|University Of Vermont||2007||National Institutes Of Health||VERMONT GENETICS NETWORK - VERMONT INBRE||$3,127,055|
Advisory Committees223 people on 115 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "University of Vermont" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 110 people on 53 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 91 people on 45 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 13 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 5 people on 6 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 2 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of the Interior 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 1 person on 2 committees
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Endowment for the Arts 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Education 1 person on 1 committee