University of Southern Mississippi
Campaign Finance$8,040 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of University of Southern Mississippi
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5850 Department of Transportation Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3606 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3607 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3635 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3636 Science Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3644 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3677 Judiciary Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3686 Department of Labor Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3800 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.5325 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
RegulationsMentioned in 28 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "University of Southern Mississippi" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for University of Southern Mississippi
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for University of Southern Mississippi
- Toggle 7 EPA Gulf of Mexico Regional Ecosystem Restoration Strategy (Preliminary) 2011
- Toggle 4 NOAA 90 Day Petition to list the Saltmarsh Topminnow under the Endangered Species Act 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA None Unknown
- Toggle 2 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 1 BOEM Supplemental Exploration Plan 2011
- Toggle 1 HUD FR–5500–FA–27 Funding Awards: Fair Housing Initiatives Program Fiscal Year 2011 2012
- Toggle 1 BOEM BP Exploration R-05440 Revised Exploration Plan 2012
- Toggle 1 FWS Designation of Critical Habitat for the Cumberland Darter, Rush Darter, Yellowcheek Darter, Chucky Madtorn, and Laurel Dace 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Saltmarsh Topminnow - Petition To List as Threatened or Endangered Under the Endangered Species Act 2011
Federal Spending5 grants
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|University Of Southern Mississippi||2011||National Institutes Of Health||MISSISSIPPI FUNCTIONAL GENOMICS NETWORK||$3,007,108|
|University Of Southern Mississippi||2012||National Institutes Of Health||MISSISSIPPI FUNCTIONAL GENOMICS NETWORK||$2,990,387|
|University Of Southern Mississippi||2012||National Oceanic And Atmospheric Administration||Regional Geospatial Modeling 2011||$1,648,950|
|University Of Southern Mississippi||2011||National Oceanic And Atmospheric Administration||2010-2013 OMNIBUS Program/Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium||$1,573,000|
|University Of Southern Mississippi||2012||National Oceanic And Atmospheric Administration||Regional Geospatial Modeling||$1,302,796|
Advisory Committees17 people on 16 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "University of Southern Mississippi" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 15 people on 14 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 1 person on 1 committee