University of Oklahoma
The University of Oklahoma (abbreviated OU) is a coeducational public research university located in Norman, Oklahoma. Founded in 1890, it existed in Oklahoma Territory near Indian Territory for 17 years before the two became the state of Oklahoma. As of 2007[update] the university had 29,931 students enrolled, most located at its main campus in Norman. Employing nearly 3,000 faculty members, the school offers 152 baccalaureate programs, 160 master's programs, 75 doctorate programs, and 20 majors at the first professional level. David Boren, a former U.S. Senator and Oklahoma Governor, has served as President of the University of Oklahoma since 1994.
Campaign Finance$792,073 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of University of Oklahoma
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Science & Technology,
- Health Issues,
- Government Issues,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Apparel, Clothing, & Textiles
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 S.1253 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 H.R.5856 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.4310 Military Construction Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 S.3254 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 H.R.5326 Department of Justice Appropriations Act, 2013
RegulationsMentioned in 513 dockets; Submitted to 31 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "University of Oklahoma" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for University of Oklahoma
- Toggle 2 FAA Notice of Document Availability and Request for Comments 2013
- Toggle 2 FDA Supplemental Applications Proposing Labeling Changes for Approved Drugs, Biologics, and Medical Devices 2008
- Toggle 2 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Direct-to-Consumer Prescription Drug Advertisements; Presentation of the Major Statement in Television and Radio Advertisements in a Clear, Conspicuous, and Neutral Manner 2009
- Toggle 1 BIS Proposed Revisions to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR): Control of Spacecraft Systems and Related Items the President Determines No Longer Warrant Control Under the United States Munitions List (USML) 2013
- Toggle 1 ED Comprehensive Centers Program, notice of proposed priorities, requirements, and selection criteria. 2012
- Toggle 1 DOS Amendment to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations: Revision of U.S. Munitions List Category XV and Definition of “Defense Service.” 2013
- Toggle 1 APHIS Introduction of Organisms and Products Altered or Produced Through Genetic Engineering 2006
- Toggle 1 RBS Subpart B—Advanced Biofuel Payment Program 2010
- Toggle 1 DOS Collection: Form DS–3097, Exchange Visitor Program Annual Report, and OMB Control Number 1405–0151 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for University of Oklahoma
- Toggle 28 DOT 2007 U.S.-China Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 25 EPA Criteria for the Safe and Environmentally Protective Use of Granular Mine Tailings known as "Chat" 2006
- Toggle 22 EPA AVAILABILITY OF REPORT TO CONGRESS ON CRUDE OIL, NATURAL GAS AND GEOTHERMAL ENERGY, EXPLORATION, DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION WASTE; ANNOUNCEMENT OF PUBLIC HEARINGS 1988
- Toggle 19 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, and Other Part B Payment Policies; Revisions to Payment Policies for Ambulance Services for CY 2008; and the Proposed Elimination of the E-Rx Exemption for Computer-Generated Faxes*** 2010
- Toggle 19 FWS Pygmy Rabbit 2007
- Toggle 18 FDA Deeming Tobacco Products To Be Subject to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as Amended by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act; Regulations on the Sale and Distribution of Tobacco Products and Required Warning Statements for Tobacco Products 2014
- Toggle 14 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 11 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 11 DOI Procedures for Reestablishing a Government-to-Government Relationship with the Native Hawaiian Community 2014
- Toggle 10 OSHA Occupational Exposure to Crystalline Silica 2010
|2010||$2,000,000||University of Oklahoma: National Weather Radar Testbed Phased Array Radar|
|2009||$350,000||University of Oklahoma: University of Oklahoma National Weather Radar Testbed Phased Array Radar|
Federal Spending117 grants; 9 contracts; 2 loans
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|University Of Oklahoma||2013||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$8,479,920|
|University Of Oklahoma||2012||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$8,340,165|
|University Of Oklahoma||2011||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$7,948,896|
|University Of Oklahoma||2012||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$7,672,780|
|University Of Oklahoma||2010||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$6,701,040|
|University Of Oklahoma||2008||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$6,666,509|
|University Of Oklahoma||2004||Student Financial Assistance Programs||PELL - GRANT PROGRAM||$6,635,640|
|University Of Oklahoma||2005||National Oceanic And Atmospheric Administration||NOAA COOPERATIVE AGREEMENT TASK II PROPOSAL FY06||$6,404,402|
|University Of Oklahoma||2007||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$6,301,468|
|University Of Oklahoma||2003||Student Financial Assistance Programs||PELL - GRANT PROGRAM||$6,213,591|
Advisory Committees376 people on 158 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "University of Oklahoma" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 235 people on 85 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 106 people on 54 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 26 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Defense 4 people on 4 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Arts 3 people on 2 committees
- Toggle National Aeronautics and Space Administration 1 person on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of State 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Corporation for National and Community Service 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee