University of Nebraska
The University of Nebraska system is the public university system in the state of Nebraska, USA. Founded in 1869 with one campus in Lincoln, the system now has four universities and an agricultural college.
Campaign Finance$572,242 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of University of Nebraska
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount University of Nebraska $1,365,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Science & Technology,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2219 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2596 Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1572 Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1599 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.3606 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3635 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3636 Science Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3677 Judiciary Appropriations Act, 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 641 dockets; Submitted to 37 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "University of Nebraska" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for University of Nebraska
- Toggle 6 APHIS Environmental Assessment; Determination of Nonregulated Status of Sugar Beet Genetically Engineered for Tolerance to the Herbicide Glyphosate 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Food Labeling; Gluten-Free Labeling of Foods 2005
- Toggle 3 NIFA Administrative Guidance for Multistate Extension Activities and Integrated Research and Extension Activities 2010
- Toggle 3 TSA Flight Training For Aliens and Other Designated Individuals; Security Awareness Training for Flight School Employees 2004
- Toggle 2 APHIS Regulatory Status of Alfalfa Genetically Engineered for Tolerance to the Herbicide Glyphosate 2007
- Toggle 2 CSREES Recently Posted CSREES Rules and Notices. 2008
- Toggle 2 EPA Atrazine; Notice of Availability of Revised Atrazine Interim Reregistration Eligibility Decision (IRED) 2003
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments Concerning Free Trade Agreement With the Republic of Colombia 2009
- Toggle 1 ESA Request for Information on the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 2006
- Toggle 1 APHIS Availability of an Environmental Assessment for Field Tests of Rice Genetically Engineered to Express Lactoferrin, Lysozyme, or Serum Albumin 2007
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for University of Nebraska
- Toggle 95 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitations Guidelines and Standards for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs). 2002
- Toggle 40 EPA Regulation of Fuels and Fuel Additives: Renewable Fuel Program 2005
- Toggle 28 DOS Comments received by the U.S. State Department on the Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for the Proposed Keystone XL Project 2013
- Toggle 24 APHIS Regulatory Status of Alfalfa Genetically Engineered for Tolerance to the Herbicide Glyphosate 2007
- Toggle 20 EPA Notice of Receipt of a Request for a Clean Air Act Waiver to Increase the Allowable Ethanol Content of Gasoline to 15 Percent 2009
- Toggle 19 APHIS Environmental Assessment; Determination of Nonregulated Status of Sugar Beet Genetically Engineered for Tolerance to the Herbicide Glyphosate 2010
- Toggle 15 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
- Toggle 14 TSA Flight Training For Aliens and Other Designated Individuals; Security Awareness Training for Flight School Employees 2004
- Toggle 14 WHD Child Labor Regulations, Orders and Statements of Interpretation; Child Labor Violations—Civil Money Penalties 2011
- Toggle 14 DOS Notice of 30 Day Public Comment Period Regarding the National Interest Determination for TransCanada Keystone Pipeline, L.P.’s Presidential Permit Application 2014
|2008||$1,600,000||University of Nebraska: Medical Advanced Technology -- Bioceramic Bones for Battlefield Traumas|
|2010||$600,000||University of Nebraska: Drought Mitigation, NE|
|2008||$365,000||University of Nebraska: Midwest Advanced Food Manufacturing Alliance, NE|
|2008||$149,000||University of Nebraska: Sweet sorghum for energy production, NE|
|2008||$130,000||University of Georgia University of Nebraska: Alliance for Food Protection, GA, NE|
Federal Spending172 grants; 7 contracts; 58 loans
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|University Of Nebraska||2009||Office Of Educational Research And Improvement||EDUCATION RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CENTERS||$9,997,852|
|University Of Nebraska||2012||National Institute Of Food And Agriculture||Shiga-toxigenic Escherichia coli (STEC)in the Beef Chain: Assessing and Mitigating the Risk by Translational Science, Education and Outreach||$9,812,548|
|University Of Nebraska||2010||National Science Foundation||Nebraska 2010-15 RII Project: Nanohybrid Materials & Algal Biology||$8,000,000|
|University Of Nebraska||2011||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$7,617,690|
|University Of Nebraska||2013||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$7,578,794|
|University Of Nebraska||2012||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$7,102,007|
|University Of Nebraska||2010||National Institute Of Food And Agriculture||Child Care and Youth Training and Technical Assistance Project||$7,045,455|
|University Of Nebraska||2012||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$6,890,983|
|University Of Nebraska||2013||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$6,732,713|
|University Of Nebraska||2011||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$6,698,202|
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|University Of Nebraska - Lincoln, Agricultural Research And Development Center||University Of Nebraska||2005||Mead, Ne||$4,000,000|
Advisory Committees438 people on 128 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "University of Nebraska" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 340 people on 83 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 55 people on 29 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 26 people on 1 committee
- Toggle National Endowment for the Arts 7 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 3 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of the Interior 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Social Security Administration 1 person on 1 committee