University of Missouri
The University of Missouri (Mizzou, MU, University of Missouri–Columbia or simply Missouri) is a public research university located in the state of Missouri. In 1839 the university was founded in Columbia, Missouri, as the first public institution of higher education west of the Mississippi River. The largest university in Missouri, MU enrolls over 32,000 students in 20 academic colleges. The university is the flagship of the University of Missouri System which maintains campuses in Rolla, Kansas City and St. Louis. It became a four campus system in 1963. MU is one of thirty-four public universities to be members of the Association of American Universities and the only one in Missouri. There are more than 248,000 MU alumni living worldwide, with almost half continuing to reside in Missouri. The University of Missouri was ranked 94th in the 2011 U.S. News & World Report among the national universities, the highest ranked public school in the state.
Campaign Finance$239,846 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of University of Missouri
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount University of Missouri $580,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Small Business,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Energy & Nuclear Power
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1249 America Invents Act S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 H.R.662 Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2011 H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.3240 Farm bill H.R.7 Sportfishing and Recreational Boating Safety Act of 2012 H.R.4310 Military Construction Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 S.1813 MAP-21 S.1965 Startup Act of 2011 H.R.5856 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2013
RegulationsMentioned in 162 dockets; Submitted to 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "University of Missouri" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for University of Missouri
- Toggle 1 DOJ National Standards To Prevent, Detect, and Respond to Prison Rape 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Modified Risk Tobacco Product Applications; Availability 2012
- Toggle 1 NRC University of Missouri; License Amendment Request 2011
- Toggle 1 CFPB Request for comment on Payday Lending Hearing Transcript 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Regulate Labeling of Opioid Analgesics 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Petition Seeking Mandatory Labeling for Genetically Engineered Foods 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 1 NRCS Proposed Changes to National Handbook of Conservation Practices 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for University of Missouri
- Toggle 13 EPA Request for Comment on Letters Seeking a Waiver of the Renewable Fuel Standard 2012
- Toggle 9 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
- Toggle 8 APHIS Bayer CropScience; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Soybean Genetically Engineered to Tolerate the Herbicides Glyphosate and Isoxaflutole 2012
- Toggle 7 NRC University of Missouri; License Amendment Request 2011
- Toggle 6 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 6 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; State of Missouri; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2012
- Toggle 5 EPA Definition of "Waters of the United States" Under the Clean Water Act 2011
- Toggle 5 APHIS Monsanto Co.; Availability of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Soybean GE'd for Dicamba Tolerance 2012
- Toggle 4 FWS Grotto Sculpin 2012
- Toggle 4 FNS National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in School, as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 2011
Federal Spending2 grants
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|University of Missouri||2011||Economic Development Administration||Mid-America TAAC||$1,329,545|
|University Of Missouri||2012||Agricultural Research Service||HIGH-IMPACT RESEARCH FOR SOYBEAN IMPROVEMENT USING GENETICS AND GENOMICS - MISSOURIHN||$1,000,000|
Advisory Committees79 people on 34 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "University of Missouri" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 61 people on 24 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 9 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Energy 3 people on 2 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Education 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Interior 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Agency for International Development 1 person on 1 committee