University of Missouri
The University of Missouri (Mizzou, MU, University of Missouri–Columbia or simply Missouri) is a public research university located in the state of Missouri. In 1839 the university was founded in Columbia, Missouri, as the first public institution of higher education west of the Mississippi River. The largest university in Missouri, MU enrolls over 32,000 students in 20 academic colleges. The university is the flagship of the University of Missouri System which maintains campuses in Rolla, Kansas City and St. Louis. It became a four campus system in 1963. MU is one of thirty-four public universities to be members of the Association of American Universities and the only one in Missouri. There are more than 248,000 MU alumni living worldwide, with almost half continuing to reside in Missouri. The University of Missouri was ranked 94th in the 2011 U.S. News & World Report among the national universities, the highest ranked public school in the state.
Campaign Finance$112,534 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of University of Missouri
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount University of Missouri $410,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Government Issues,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Science & Technology
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1260 Patent Reform Act of 2009 H.R.1760 Black Carbon Emissions Reduction Act of 2009 S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009 H.R.690 Modernize Our Bookkeeping In the Law for Employee's Cell Phone Act of 2009 H.R.1547 Stephanie Tubbs Jones Collegiate Housing and Infrastructure Act of 2009 S.144 Modernize Our Bookkeeping In the Law for Employee's Cell Phone Act of 2009 H.R.275 H.R.3221 Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2009 S.292 Withholding Tax Relief Act of 2009 H.R.1884 National Health Service Corps Improvement Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 157 dockets; Submitted to 12 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "University of Missouri" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for University of Missouri
- Toggle 6 NIFA AFRI Stakeholder 2010 2010
- Toggle 3 NIH Responsibility of Applicants for Promoting Objectivity in Research for Which Public Health Service Funding is Sought and Responsible Prospective Contractors 2010
- Toggle 3 USDA Task Force on Childhood Obesity 2010
- Toggle 2 APHIS Syngenta Biotechnology, Inc.; Availability of Petition and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status for Corn Genetically Engineered for Insect Resistance 2009
- Toggle 1 OSM Stream Buffer Zone and Related Rules 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Joint Meeting of the Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Committee, Nonprescription Drugs Advisory Committee, and the Anesthetic and Life Support Drugs Advisory Committee; Notice of Meeting. 2009
- Toggle 1 USDA Solicitation of Input from Stakeholders on the Roadmap for Agricultural Research, Education, and Extension 2009
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed Rules Governing Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act 2010
- Toggle 1 NIFA Administrative Guidance for Multistate Extension Activities and Integrated Research and Extension Activities 2010
- Toggle 1 OJP Supplemental Guidelines for Sex Offender Registration and Notification 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for University of Missouri
- Toggle 29 APHIS Environmental Assessment; Determination of Nonregulated Status of Sugar Beet Genetically Engineered for Tolerance to the Herbicide Glyphosate 2010
- Toggle 12 GIPSA Implementation of Regulations Required Under Title XI of the Food, Conservation and Energy Act of 2008; Conduct in Violation of the Act 2010
- Toggle 9 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, and Other Part B Payment Policies; Revisions to Payment Policies for Ambulance Services for CY 2008; and the Proposed Elimination of the E-Rx Exemption for Computer-Generated Faxes*** 2010
- Toggle 8 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards for Model Year 2017 and Later 2010
- Toggle 8 APHIS Dow AgroSciences LLC; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Corn Genetically Engineered for Herbicide Tolerance 2010
- Toggle 7 OFCCP Affirmative Action and Nondiscrimination Obligations of Contractors and Subcontractors Regarding Individuals with Disabilities 2010
- Toggle 7 EPA Proposed Endangerment Finding for Greenhouse Gases under the Clean Air Act (CAA) 2009
- Toggle 7 NIFA AFRI Stakeholder 2010 2010
- Toggle 6 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2006 2010
- Toggle 6 NHTSA Corporate Average Fuel Economy -- Model Years 2017-2025 2010
University of Missouri:
Naval Advanced Electric Launcher System
University of Missouri:
Center for Bone Repair and Military Readiness
|2010||$556,000||University of Missouri: Soybean Cyst Nematode, MO|
Advisory Committees190 people on 47 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "University of Missouri" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 161 people on 32 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 17 people on 7 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 5 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Energy 3 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Education 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 1 person on 1 committee