University of Maryland
Coordinates: 38°59′15.0″N 76°56′24.0″W / 38.9875°N 76.94°W / 38.9875; -76.94
Campaign Finance$525,646 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of University of Maryland
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount University of Maryland $141,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Economics & Econ Development,
- Health Issues,
- Homeland Security,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Science & Technology
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2900 Food and Drug Administration Amendments Act of 2007 H.R.5658 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009 S.3001 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009 H.R.2559 First Higher Education Extension Act of 2007 H.R.6331 Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 S.1704 First Higher Education Extension Act of 2007 S.2007 Medicare Equity and Accessibility Act of 2007 S.3101 Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 H.R.1585 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 S.1547 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 179 dockets; Submitted to 16 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "University of Maryland" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for University of Maryland
- Toggle 3 WHD Child Labor Regulations, Orders and Statements of Interpretation, Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Request for Comments 2007
- Toggle 3 FWS Revised Definitions for ESA Section 7 Consultations; 50 CFR Part 402 2008
- Toggle 3 HHS Ensuring that Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices In Violation of Federal Law 2008
- Toggle 3 SSA Revised Medical Criteria for Evaluating Mental Disorders 2007
- Toggle 2 FWS General Regulations for Areas Administered by the National Park Service and the Fish and Wildlife Service 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Citizen Petition to Ban Cornstarch Powder on Medical Gloves 2008
- Toggle 1 ED Title IV Loans 2007
- Toggle 1 OSM Environmental Impact Statement, OSM-EIS-34: Excess Spoil Minimization - Stream Buffer Zones 2007
- Toggle 1 VA AN10 - Final Rule - Post-9/11 GI Bill 2008
- Toggle 1 DARS Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement; Export-Controlled Items (DFARS Case 2004-D010) 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for University of Maryland
- Toggle 33 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards 2008
- Toggle 28 EPA Effluent Limitation Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Construction and Development Category 2008
- Toggle 21 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Particulate Matter 2007
- Toggle 18 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 17 EPA NESHAP for Existing Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines 2008
- Toggle 14 EPA Review of the Secondary National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Oxides of Nitrogen and Oxides of Sulfur 2007
- Toggle 12 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; New Hampshire; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan to Meet the Requirements of 40 CFR 51.308. 2008
- Toggle 11 EPA New Jersey 8-Hour Ozone Attainment SIP 2008
- Toggle 11 EPA Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for Greenhouse Gases Under the Clean Air Act 2008
- Toggle 10 EPA Control of Emissions from New Marine Compression-Ignition Engines at or Above 30 Liters per Cylinder; Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2007
|2009||$2,000,000||University of Maryland: University of Maryland, Baltimore County and College Park for ultrafast dynamics for next generation nanotechnology research and development|
|2008||$1,000,000||University of Maryland: Defense Research Sciences -- Innovative, Computational Water-borne Pathogen Research for Chemical/Biological Detection|
Federal Spending51 grants; 7 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|University Of Maryland||2008||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$6,431,806|
|University Of Maryland||2007||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$5,575,864|
|University Of Maryland||2008||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$4,036,811|
|University Of Maryland||2008||Dept Of The Navy||S&T Development in Energetics||$4,032,540|
|University of Maryland||2008||National Institute Of Standards And Technology||Cooperative Research Program for the Joint Quantum Institute||$4,002,576|
|University of Maryland||2008||National Institute Of Standards And Technology||Spectroscopy and Scattering Using Cold Neutrons for Applications in Materials Science and Engineering.||$3,434,000|
|University of Maryland||2007||National Institute Of Standards And Technology||Spectroscopy and Scattering Using Cold Neutrons for Applications in Materials Science and Engineering.||$3,181,323|
|University Of Maryland||2008||National Institutes Of Health||BIOMEDICAL (APPLIED/EXPLORATORY)||$3,094,812|
|University Of Maryland||2008||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$2,965,214|
|University Of Maryland||2008||Dept Of The Navy||Composite Tissue Transplantation for Civilian and Combat Casualties||$2,887,350|
Advisory Committees496 people on 89 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "University of Maryland" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 424 people on 38 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 34 people on 16 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 6 people on 9 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 9 people on 6 committees
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 6 people on 5 committees
- Toggle Department of Energy 5 people on 4 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 5 people on 2 committees
- Toggle National Aeronautics and Space Administration 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Labor 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Arts 1 person on 1 committee