University of Maryland System
The University System of Maryland (USM) is a public corporation and charter school system comprising 13 Maryland institutions of higher education. It is the 12th-largest university system in the United States, with over 100,000 undergraduate, 30,000 graduate and 8,700 faculty. In 1988, it was created from the merger of the five University of Maryland institutions and the six members of the State University and College System of Maryland under the name University of Maryland System. In 1997, its name was changed to the University System of Maryland. In 1999, the Maryland General Assembly transformed the system to the charter model. [improper synthesis?]
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of University of Maryland System
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount University of Maryland System $240,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Science & Technology,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
RegulationsMentioned in 20 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "University of Maryland System" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for University of Maryland System
- Toggle 15 EPA Compensatory Mitigation for Losses of Aquatic Resources 2006
- Toggle 11 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitations Guidelines and Standards for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs). 2002
- Toggle 5 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System - Regulations To Establish Requirements for Cooling Water Intake Structures at Phase II Existing Facilities 2002
- Toggle 2 EPA Effluent Limitations Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Concentrated Aquatic Animal Production Point Source Category 2002
- Toggle 2 EPA Effluent Guidelines and Standards for the Airport Deicing Category 2004
- Toggle 2 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitation Guidelines and Standards for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs) 2005
- Toggle 2 EPA Rule to Reduce Interstate Transport of Fine Particulate Matter and Ozone ;Clean Air Interstate Rule, (CAIR) 2003
- Toggle 1 EPA Effluent Limitations Guidelines, Pretreatment Standards, and New Source Performance Standards for the Metal Products and Machinery Point Source Category. 2002
- Toggle 1 ED Gainful Employment--Student Assistance General Provisions--34 CFR Part 668 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) General Permit for Discharges from the Application of Pesticides 2010
University of Maryland System:
Maryland Proof of Concept Alliance for Defense Technologies
Federal Spending6 grants
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|University Of Maryland System||2002||Student Financial Assistance Programs||PELL - GRANT PROGRAM||$1,309,165|
|University Of Maryland System||2001||Student Financial Assistance Programs||PELL - GRANT PROGRAM||$1,195,498|
|University Of Maryland System||2000||Student Financial Assistance Programs||PELL - GRANT PROGRAM||$1,083,365|
|University Of Maryland System||2001||Student Financial Assistance Programs||PELL - GRANT PROGRAM||$1,062,600|
|University Of Maryland System||2000||Dept Of Defense||MICROELECTRONICS RESEARCH AGREEMENT (MICRA)||$1,022,720|
|University Of Maryland System||2000||Dept Of Defense||INNOVATIVE SMART TECHNOLOGIES FOR AN ACTIVELY CONTROLLED JET-SMOOTH ROTORCRAFT||$1,000,000|
Advisory Committees2 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "University of Maryland System" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 2 people on 3 committees