University of Illinois
The University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign (U of I, UIUC, or simply Illinois) is a public research intensive university in the state of Illinois, United States. It is the oldest, largest, and most prestigious campus in the University of Illinois system. The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign is the second oldest public university in the state, second to Illinois State University. It is considered a Public Ivy and is a long-standing member of the Big Ten Conference.
Campaign Finance$1,665,928 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of University of Illinois
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount University of Illinois $2,395,884
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Science & Technology,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Veterans Affairs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2638 Border Infrastructure and Technology Modernizat H.R.2642 Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.679 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 S.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.1105 Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2009 H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007 H.R.915 FAA Reauthorization Act of 2009 H.CON.RES.85 (Unknown) S.2009 (Unknown)
RegulationsMentioned in 1385 dockets; Submitted to 90 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "University of Illinois" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for University of Illinois
- Toggle 8 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 4 DOT Small Community Air Service Development Program 2004
- Toggle 3 FNS National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in School, as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 3 CSREES Recently Posted CSREES Rules and Notices. 2008
- Toggle 3 OMB Reform of Federal Policies Relating to Grants and Cooperative Agreements; Cost Principles and Administrative Requirements (including Single Audit Act) 2013
- Toggle 3 APHIS Minimum Age Requirements for the Transport of Animals 2006
- Toggle 3 OSHA Illinois State Plan for Public Employees Only; Notice of the Submission; Proposal to Grant Initial State Plan Approval; Request for Public Comment and Opportunity to Request Public Hearing 2009
- Toggle 3 DOS 60–Day Notice of Proposed Information Collection: DS–5513, Biographical Questionnaire for U.S. Passport, 1405–XXXX 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice in Manufacturing, Packing, or Holding Dietary Supplements 1996
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for University of Illinois
- Toggle 55 EPA Request for Comment on Letters Seeking a Waiver of the Renewable Fuel Standard 2012
- Toggle 51 EPA Regulation of Fuels and Fuel Additives: Renewable Fuel Program 2005
- Toggle 48 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitations Guidelines and Standards for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs). 2002
- Toggle 41 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 34 APHIS Environmental Assessment; Determination of Nonregulated Status of Sugar Beet Genetically Engineered for Tolerance to the Herbicide Glyphosate 2010
- Toggle 32 EPA 2014 Standards for the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) Program 2013
- Toggle 31 APHIS Dow AgroSciences LLC; Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Herbicide Resistant Corn and Soybeans, and Notice of Virtual Public Meetings 2013
- Toggle 30 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 29 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, and Other Part B Payment Policies; Revisions to Payment Policies for Ambulance Services for CY 2008; and the Proposed Elimination of the E-Rx Exemption for Computer-Generated Faxes*** 2010
- Toggle 28 EPA Proposed Endangerment Finding for Greenhouse Gases under the Clean Air Act (CAA) 2009
University of Illinois:
Medical Development -- Tricorder Detector
|2008||$491,000||University of Illinois: Future Foods, IL|
|2008||$187,000||University of Illinois: Agricultural Marketing, IL|
Federal Spending444 grants; 26 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|University Of Illinois||2007||TRICORDER PROGRAM||$10,000,000|
|University Of Illinois||2010||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$9,561,509|
|University Of Illinois||2012||National Institute Of Food And Agriculture||Smith-Lever 3(b) and 3(c) Formula FY12||$9,497,167|
|University Of Illinois||2008||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$9,352,319|
|University Of Illinois||2003||Education, Department Of||CONVERTED RECORD - DIRECT LOAN BASE RECORD 2001-2002||$9,296,696|
|University Of Illinois||2009||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$8,881,250|
|University Of Illinois||2012||Energy, Department Of||AN ASSESSMENT OF GEOLOGICAL CARBON SEQUESTRATION OPTIONS IN THE ILLINOIS BASIN-PHASE II||$8,835,000|
|University Of Illinois||2010||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$8,588,103|
|University Of Illinois||2008||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$8,074,441|
|University Of Illinois||2004||Education, Department Of||CONVERTED RECORD - DL BASED RECORD 2003-2004||$8,000,000|
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Nl Industries/Taracorp Lead Smelter (De Minimis)||The Board Of Trustees Of The University Of Il (+77 others)||2004||Granite City, Il||$1,960,888|
Advisory Committees1582 people on 243 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "University of Illinois" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1140 people on 110 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 336 people on 82 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 77 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 9 people on 6 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 6 people on 8 committees
- Toggle Department of Energy 8 people on 6 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Arts 6 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 6 people on 6 committees
- Toggle Department of Education 5 people on 5 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 4 people on 4 committees