University of California
The University of California (UC) is a public university system in the state of California. Under the California Master Plan for Higher Education, the University of California is a part of the state's three-tier public higher education system, which also includes the California State University system and the California Community Colleges system.
Campaign Finance$3,171,638 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of University of California
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount University of California $1,470,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Science & Technology,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Economics & Econ Development
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2219 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.1036 Job Creation and Innovation Investment Act of 2011 H.R.5856 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.4310 Military Construction Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 S.3254 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 H.R.1842 Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act of 2011 S.1599 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 S.952 Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 739 dockets; Submitted to 41 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "University of California" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for University of California
- Toggle 9 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 4 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 4 FDA Molecular and Clinical Genetics Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee; Notice of Meeting 2011
- Toggle 4 OPM Excepted Service, Career and Career-Conditional Employment; and Pathways Programs 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Modified Risk Tobacco Product Applications; Availability 2012
- Toggle 3 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 2 ED Higher Education Act, Title IV, Student Loans 2012
- Toggle 2 APHIS Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc.; Availabillity of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status for ArcticTM Apple Events GD743 and GS784 2012
- Toggle 2 ED Federal Student Aid Negotiated Rulemaking Committee 2012
- Toggle 2 NOAA Endangered and Threatened Species; Initiation of 5-Year Review for the Southern Distinct Population Segment of North American Green Sturgeon 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for University of California
- Toggle 104 EPA Notice of FIFRA SAP Meeting; Problem Formulation for Reassessment of Ecological Risks from Use of Atrazine 2012
- Toggle 70 EPA Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 51 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 45 EPA Emergency Petition Seeking Suspension of Registration for Clothianidin 2012
- Toggle 44 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 42 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 42 FWS Petition to List the African Lion (Panthera leo leo) As Endangered 2012
- Toggle 30 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 29 FDA Qualified Health Claim for Whole Grains and Reduced Risk of Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 2012
- Toggle 28 TTB Addition of New Grape Variety Names for American Wines 2011
Federal Spending51 grants; 1 contract
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|University Of California||2012||National Institutes Of Health||KOMP PHASE II MOUSE PRODUCTION AND CRYOPRESERVATION||$4,133,000|
|University Of California||2011||National Institutes Of Health||KOMP PHASE II MOUSE PRODUCTION AND CRYOPRESERVATION||$4,008,000|
|University Of California||2012||National Institutes Of Health||NOVEL ANTICONVULSANT AND NEUROPROTECTIVE THERAPIES FOR TETS AND OP INTOXICATION||$3,192,188|
|University Of California||2012||National Institutes Of Health||CANCER CENTER SUPPORT GRANT-P30||$3,138,579|
|University Of California||2011||National Institutes Of Health||CANCER CENTER SUPPORT GRANT-P30||$3,138,579|
|University Of California||2012||National Institutes Of Health||UC DAVIS CLINICAL AND TRANSLATIONAL SCIENCE CENTER||$3,093,280|
|University Of California||2011||National Institutes Of Health||UC DAVIS CLINICAL AND TRANSLATIONAL SCIENCE CENTER||$3,083,245|
|University Of California||2011||National Institutes Of Health||BIOMARKERS OF EXPOSURE TO HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES||$2,774,310|
|University Of California||2012||National Institutes Of Health||BIOMARKERS OF EXPOSURE TO HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES||$2,587,449|
|University Of California||2011||National Institutes Of Health||CAMKII AND INSP3-MEDIATED SIGNALING IN CARDIAC MYOCYTES||$2,500,901|
Contractor Misconduct2 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Other||None||Patient Records Privacy Breaches: HHS Investigation||2011||Settlement||$865,500|
|Labor||None||Immigration-Related Employment Discrimination at UCSD Medical Center||2011||Settlement||$115,000|
Advisory Committees551 people on 105 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "University of California" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 462 people on 41 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 22 people on 14 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 14 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Energy 9 people on 8 committees
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 10 people on 7 committees
- Toggle Department of the Interior 6 people on 5 committees
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 6 people on 6 committees
- Toggle National Aeronautics and Space Administration 6 people on 5 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 5 people on 5 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 4 people on 4 committees