University of Arkansas
The University of Arkansas, often shortened to U of A, UARK, or just UA, is a public, co-educational, land-grant, space-grant, research university. It is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as a research university with very high research activity. It is the flagship campus of the University of Arkansas System and is located in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Founded as Arkansas Industrial University in 1871, its present name was adopted in 1899 and classes were first held in February 1872. It is noted for its strong architecture, agriculture (particularly animal science and poultry science), creative writing, history, Middle Eastern Studies and business programs.
Campaign Finance$77,532 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of University of Arkansas
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Economics & Econ Development,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Roads & Highways,
- Science & Technology
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.7 Sportfishing and Recreational Boating Safety Act of 2012 H.R.5972 Department of Transportation Appropriations Act, 2013 S.1813 MAP-21 S.2322 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.4348 Transportation Research and Innovative Technology Act of 2012 H.R.5325 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.5856 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2013 S.2465 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 S.3295 Department of Labor Appropriations Act, 2013
RegulationsMentioned in 98 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "University of Arkansas" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for University of Arkansas
- Toggle 1 ARS Joint Subcommittee on Aquaculture Research and Development Strategic Plan 2012
- Toggle 1 APHIS Monsanto Co.; Availability of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Dicamba and Glufosinate Tolerant Cotton 2012
- Toggle 1 NRCS Proposed Changes to National Handbook of Conservation Practices 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 1 ED Request for Information on the Future Direction of the Rehabilitation Training Program 2012
- Toggle 1 APHIS Monsanto Co.; Availability of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Soybean GE'd for Dicamba Tolerance 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for University of Arkansas
- Toggle 13 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
- Toggle 11 APHIS Monsanto Co.; Availability of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Maize Genetically Engineered With Tissue-Selective Tolerance Facilitating the Production of Hybrid Maize Seed 2012
- Toggle 8 APHIS Bayer CropScience; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Soybean Genetically Engineered to Tolerate the Herbicides Glyphosate and Isoxaflutole 2012
- Toggle 6 EPA Stormwater Discharges from Forest Roads 2012
- Toggle 6 APHIS Genective, SA.; Availability of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Corn GE'd for Glyphosate Tolerance 2012
- Toggle 6 APHIS Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Maize Genetically Engineered for Herbicide Tolerance 2012
- Toggle 5 EPA 2,4-D Choline Salt. Proposed Use on AAD-12 Soybeans Containing DAS 68416-4 2012
- Toggle 4 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA 2,4-D Choline Salt. Proposed Use on AAD 1 Corn / DHT Field Corn Containing DAS-40278-9. 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Dicamba Use on Herbicide-Tolerant (MON 88701) Cotton. 2012
Federal Spending1 grant
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|University Of Arkansas||2012||National Institutes Of Health||CENTER FOR PROTEIN STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION||$1,080,700|
Advisory Committees55 people on 31 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "University of Arkansas" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 47 people on 23 committees
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of the Interior 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee