University of Alabama/Birmingham
Campaign Finance$363,127 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of University of Alabama/Birmingham
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount University of Alabama/Birmingham $690,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Foreign Relations,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Urban Development,
- Health Issues
RegulationsMentioned in 74 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "University of Alabama/Birmingham" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for University of Alabama/Birmingham
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for University of Alabama/Birmingham
- Toggle 7 EPA Effluent Limitation Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Construction and Development Category 2008
- Toggle 4 NHTSA Notice of Establishment of an Advisory Committee 2006
- Toggle 4 NSF Recently Posted NSF Rules and Notices. Unknown
- Toggle 3 HHS Meaningful use of Healthcare Information Technology 2009
- Toggle 3 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards for Model Year 2017 and Later 2010
- Toggle 2 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Supplemental Guidance for SIP Submissions to Meet the Requirements for Section 110(a)(1) of the CAA for the SO2 NAAQS 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2005 2010
- Toggle 2 EPA Aircraft Drinking Water 2005
- Toggle 2 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
Advisory Committees48 people on 27 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "University of Alabama/Birmingham" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 28 people on 9 committees
- Toggle National Science Foundation 11 people on 13 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 6 people on 1 committee
- Toggle National Aeronautics and Space Administration 1 person on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Endowment for the Arts 1 person on 1 committee