UnitedHealth Group Incorporated NYSE: UNH is a diversified health and "well-being" company. Headquartered in Minnetonka, Minnesota, UnitedHealth Group offers a spectrum of products and services through seven operating businesses: UnitedHealthcare, Ovations, AmeriChoice, Uniprise, OptumHealth, Ingenix, and Prescription Solutions. Through its family of subsidiaries and divisions, UnitedHealth Group serves approximately 70 million individuals nationwide. In 2008, the company posted a net income of $3 billion.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of UnitedHealth Group
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount UnitedHealth Group $6,970,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Government Issues,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act S.1679 Affordable Health Choices Act H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.1796 America's Healthy Future Act of 2009 H.R.2847 Department of Commerce Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.4626 Health Insurance Industry Fair Competition Act H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 61 dockets; Submitted to 18 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "UnitedHealth Group" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for UnitedHealth Group
- Toggle 1 HHS Planning and Establishment of State-Level Exchanges: Request for Comments Regarding Exchange-Related Provisions in Title I of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Rate Increase Disclosure and Review Relating to Ensuring that Consumers Get Value for Their Dollars under the Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Modifications to the HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Rules Under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act; Proposed Rule 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Breach Notification Interim Final Rule 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS GINA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2009
- Toggle 1 EEOC Regulations Under the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS Premium Review Process; Request for Comments Regarding Section 2794 of the Public Health Service Act 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Medical Loss Ratios; Request for Comments Regarding Section 2718 of the Public Health Service Act 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Establishment of Certification Programs for Health Information Technology 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology: Initial Set of Standards, Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria for Electronic Health Record Technology 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for UnitedHealth Group
- Toggle 6 CMS Medicare Advantage and Part D Prescription Drug Contract Determinations, Appeals, and Intermediate Sanctions Processes (Compliance Rule) 2010
- Toggle 3 HHS Medical Loss Ratios; Request for Comments Regarding Section 2718 of the Public Health Service Act 2010
- Toggle 2 EBSA Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Preexisting Condition Exclusions, Lifetime and Annual Limits, Rescissions, and Patient Protections 2010
- Toggle 2 HHS Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Preexisting Condition Exclusions, Lifetime and Annual Limits, Rescissions, and PatientProtections 2010
- Toggle 2 HHS Establishment of Certification Programs for Health Information Technology 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Notification Procedures for Hospital Discharges 2010
- Toggle 2 ED Race to the Top Fund -- Notice of Proposed Priorities, Requirements, Definitions, and Selection Criteria 2009
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicaid Program; Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Waivers 2009
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Application of the Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC) for Deeming Authority for Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) Sponsors 2009
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010