UnitedHealth Group Incorporated NYSE: UNH is a diversified health and "well-being" company. Headquartered in Minnetonka, Minnesota, UnitedHealth Group offers a spectrum of products and services through seven operating businesses: UnitedHealthcare, Ovations, AmeriChoice, Uniprise, OptumHealth, Ingenix, and Prescription Solutions. Through its family of subsidiaries and divisions, UnitedHealth Group serves approximately 70 million individuals nationwide. In 2008, the company posted a net income of $3 billion.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's January 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of UnitedHealth Group
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount UnitedHealth Group $8,740,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.6331 Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 H.R.1424 Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007 S.558 Mental Health Parity Act of 2007 S.1693 Wired for Health Care Quality Act S.334 Healthy Americans Act S.3101 Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 H.CON.RES.312 H.R.493 Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 H.R.1368 Personalized Health Information Act of 2007 H.R.2184
RegulationsMentioned in 19 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "UnitedHealth Group" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for UnitedHealth Group
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for UnitedHealth Group
- Toggle 2 CMS Revisions to the Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Benefit Programs 2008
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and the Availability of the Framework Document for Fluorescent Lamp Ballasts 2007
- Toggle 2 IRS New Proposed Section 125 Regulations 2007
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to the Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Benefit Programs 2008
- Toggle 1 SEC Emergency Order Pursuant to Section 12(k)(2) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 Taking Temporary Action to Respond to Market Developments 2008
- Toggle 1 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Request for Early Termination of the Waiting Period Under the Permerger Notification Rules 2008
- Toggle 1 SEC Shareholder Proposals Relating to the Election of Directors 2007
- Toggle 1 NRC Dominion Virginia Power; Notice of Hearing and Opportunity to Petition for a Combined License 2008
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Requesting for Early Termination of the Waiting Period Under the Premerger Notification Rules 2007