United Steelworkers of America
The United Steel, Paper and Forestry, Rubber, Manufacturing, Energy, Allied Industrial and Service Workers International Union (United Steelworkers or USW) is the largest industrial labor union in North America, with 705,000 members. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the United Steelworkers represents workers in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean. The United Steelworkers represent workers in a diverse range of industries, including primary and fabricated metals, chemicals, glass, rubber, heavy-duty conveyor belting, tires, transportation, utilities, container industries, pharmaceuticals, call centers and health care.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Independent Expendituresmoney spent supporting or opposing a candidate
Candidate Support/Oppose Total Spent Barack ObamaSupport $114,370 Mitt RomneyOppose $10,419 Mark CritzSupport $5,041 Sherrod BrownSupport $2,818 Chris MurphySupport $733 Nathan ShinagawaSupport $423 Kathleen HochulSupport $423 Elizabeth WarrenSupport $353 Sal PaceSupport $290 Joe DonnellySupport $181
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 9 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "United Steelworkers of America" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for United Steelworkers of America
- Toggle 1 EPA Proposed Approval of the following three rules: SC 1133.1 (amended) CHIPPING AND GRINDING ACTIVITIES; SC 1133.3 (new) EMISSION REDUCTIONS FROM GREENWASTE COMPOSTING OPERATIONS; SJV 4566 (new) ORGANIC MATERIAL COMPOSTING OPERATION 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans, California 2007San Joaquin Valley 8-hour Ozone Plan and 2007 State Strategy 2011
- Toggle 1 OSHA Oil and Gas Stakeholder Meeting 2012
- Toggle 1 MSHA Proposed Rule on Pattern of Violations 2011
- Toggle 1 LMSO Guidelines for the Use of Electronic Voting Systems in Union Officer Elections 2011
- Toggle 1 ED Investing in Innovation Fund -- Revisions to Priorities, Requirements, and Selection Criteria 2011
- Toggle 1 OSHA Revising the Exemption for Digger Derricks in the Cranes and Derricks in Construction Standard 2012
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Tire Fuel Efficiency Consumer Information Program Quantitative ICR 2011
- Toggle 1 OSHA National Advisory Committee on Occupational Safety and Health (NACOSH) 2011
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "United Steelworkers of America" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Labor 1 person on 1 committee