United Parcel Service
United Parcel Service, Inc. (NYSE: UPS), colloquially referred to as UPS, is a package delivery company. Headquartered in Sandy Springs, Georgia, United States, UPS delivers more than 15 million packages a day to 6.1 million customers in more than 220 countries and territories around the world.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of United Parcel Service
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount United Parcel Service $9,711,652
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Trucking & Shipping,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1653 To amend the Tariff Act of 1930 to increase the dollar amount requirements for articles and merchandise under the administrative exemptions and entry under regulations provisions of that Act. H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 S.223 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act S.1813 MAP-21 H.R.4350 Safe Skies Act of 2012 S.3263 Safe Skies Act of 2012 S.3187 Food and Drug Administration Safety and Innovation Act H.R.2594 European Union Emissions Trading Scheme Prohibition Act of 2011 H.R.3026 Safeguarding America's Pharmaceuticals Act of 2011 H.R.5651 Food and Drug Administration Reform Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 325 dockets; Submitted to 24 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "United Parcel Service" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for United Parcel Service
- Toggle 4 DOT United Parcel Service Co. - Certificate/Exemption - Designation Under the U.S.-Vietnam Air Service Agreement 2011
- Toggle 2 FAA 2010-NM-150-AD 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA 2011-NM-211-AD The Boeing Company Model 767 airplanes 2011
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA 2012-NM-099-AD Airbus Model A300 B4-600, B4-600R, and F4-600R series airplanes, and Model A300 C4‑605R Variant F airplanes (collectively called Model A300-600 series airplanes); and Airbus Model A310 series airplanes 2012
- Toggle 1 FAA Air Carrier Contract Maintenance Requirements 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA 2010-NM-181-AD The Boeing Company Model 757-200, -200PF, and -200CB Series Airplanes 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA 2011-NM-029-AD Boeing Model 747-100, 747-200B, 747-200C, 747-200F, 747-300, 747-400, 747-400F, and 747SR series airplanes 2012
- Toggle 1 FAA 2011-NM-121-AD Airbus Model A300 series airplanes, all Model A300 B4-600, B4-600R, and F4-600R series airplanes, and Model C4-605R Variant F airplanes (collectively called A300-600 series airplanes) 2012
- Toggle 1 FAA 2011-NM-232-AD Airbus Model A300 and A310 series airplanes; and Model A300 B4-600, B4-600R, and F4-600R series airplanes, and Model A300 C4‑605R Variant F airplanes (collectively called A300-600 series airplanes) 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for United Parcel Service
- Toggle 13 FDA Unique Device Identification System; Proposed Rule 2011
- Toggle 10 CMS Certain Preventive Services Under the Affordable Care Act 2012
- Toggle 6 DOT United Parcel Service Co. - Certificate/Exemption - Designation Under the U.S.-Vietnam Air Service Agreement 2011
- Toggle 6 FAA In the Matter of Sky King, Inc. - 2011-AWA-CPP-15958 2011
- Toggle 4 DOT Virgin America Inc. - Statement of Authorization - U.S.-Singapore 2012
- Toggle 4 DOT Virgin America Inc. - Statement of Authorization 2012
- Toggle 4 FAA In the Matter of Drytac Corporation 2011
- Toggle 3 FMCSA ESC - In the Matter of World Wide Travel of Greater New York - Petition for Reconsideration 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 3 FAA Proposal Interpretation 2012
Federal Spending26 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|United Parcel Service Company||2011||BASE CONTRACT PERIOD||$14,823,658|
|United Parcel Service Co.||2012||CONSOLIDATED TRANSPORTATION SHIPMENTS MADE BY DECENTRALIZED ORDERING OFFICERS||$6,281,438|
|United Parcel Service Co.||2011||CONSOLIDATED TRANSPORTATION SHIPMENTS MADE BY DECENTRALIZED ORDERING OFFICERS||$6,002,377|
|United Parcel Service Co.||2011||CONSOLIDATED TRANSPORTATION SHIPMENTS MADE BY DECENTRALIZED ORDERING OFFICERS||$5,907,151|
|United Parcel Service Co.||2012||CONSOLIDATED TRANSPORTATION SHIPMENTS MADE BY DECENTRALIZED ORDERING OFFICERS||$5,903,244|
|United Parcel Service Co.||2011||CONSOLIDATED TRANSPORTATION SHIPMENTS MADE BY DECENTRALIZED ORDERING OFFICERS||$5,781,434|
|United Parcel Service Co.||2012||CONSOLIDATED TRANSPORTATION SHIPMENTS MADE BY DECENTRALIZED ORDERING OFFICERS||$5,611,767|
|United Parcel Service Co.||2011||CONSOLIDATED TRANSPORTATION SHIPMENTS MADE BY DECENTRALIZED ORDERING OFFICERS||$5,263,828|
|United Parcel Service Co.||2011||CONSOLIDATED TRANSPORTATION SHIPMENTS MADE BY DECENTRALIZED ORDERING OFFICERS||$5,138,587|
|United Parcel Service Co.||2011||CONSOLIDATED TRANSPORTATION SHIPMENTS MADE BY DECENTRALIZED ORDERING OFFICERS||$4,911,656|
Contractor Misconduct1 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Health||None||Unsafe Delivery Trucks (New York Investigation)||2011||Settlement||$1,300,000|
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|City Of Newburgh Et Al.||United Parcel Service (+89 others)||2011||Newburgh, Ny||$12,764,875|
Advisory Committees7 people on 9 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "United Parcel Service" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of State 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Labor 1 person on 1 committee