The United Nations Organization (UNO) or simply the United Nations (UN) is an international organization whose stated aims are facilitating cooperation in international law, international security, economic development, social progress, human rights, and achievement of world peace. The UN was founded in 1945 after World War II to replace the League of Nations, to stop wars between countries, and to provide a platform for dialogue. It contains multiple subsidiary organizations to carry out its missions.
Campaign Finance$121,143 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of United Nations
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Foreign Relations
RegulationsMentioned in 879 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "United Nations" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for United Nations
- Toggle 2 CFPB Electronic Fund Transfers 2011
- Toggle 2 CFPB Electronic Fund Transfers (Regulation E) 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Public Comments on Interim Review of Country Eligibility for Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea and Niger for Benefits Under the African Growth and Opportunity Act 2011
- Toggle 1 NOAA Listing Endangered and Threatened Species: 90-day Finding on Petition to Delist Southern Resident Killer Whale 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for United Nations
- Toggle 69 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 67 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 65 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 45 Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 37 PHMSA Hazardous Materials Harmonization with the United Nations Recommendations, International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code, and the International Civil Organization Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air HM-215L 2012
- Toggle 31 FDA Unique Device Identification System; Proposed Rule 2011
- Toggle 26 EPA None Unknown
- Toggle 22 EPA Lifecycle Greenhouse Gas Analyses of New Pathways Under the Renewable Fuels Standard Program 2011
- Toggle 21 EPA Deferral of Application of the Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Title V Programs to CO2 emissions from Bioenergy and Other Biogenic Sources 2011
- Toggle 20 FWS Petition to List the African Lion (Panthera leo leo) As Endangered 2012
Federal Spending1 grant
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|United Nations||2011||Agency For International Development||FOOD ASSISTANCE IN BURMA||$1,495,410|