United Mine Workers
The United Mine Workers of America (UMW or UMWA) is a North American labor union best known for representing coal miners and coal technicians. Today, the Union also represents health care workers, truck drivers, manufacturing workers and public employees in the United States and Canada. Although its main focus has always been on workers and their rights, the UMW of today also advocates for better roads, schools, and universal health care.
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of United Mine Workers
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount United Mine Workers $745,484
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Clean Air & Water,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1579 Robert C. Byrd Mine Safety Protection Act of 2011 S.153 Robert C. Byrd Mine and Workplace Safety and Health Act of 2011 H.R.2273 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act H.R.1365 CARE Act H.R.2401 Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation Act of 2011 S.621 CARE Act S.1833 Fair Compliance Act of 2011 H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.3078 United States-Colombia Trade Promotion Agreement Implementation Act H.R.3079 United States-Panama Trade Promotion Agreement Implementation Act
RegulationsMentioned in 21 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "United Mine Workers" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for United Mine Workers
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for United Mine Workers
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Colorado; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 2 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 2 MSHA Proposed Rule on Pattern of Violations 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA NJ Regional Haze Program 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Nonconformance Penalties for On-highway Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines 2011
- Toggle 1 FERC Transmission Planning and Cost Allocation by Transmission Owning and Operating Public Utilities 2011
- Toggle 1 Update of FEMA’s Mitigation Planning Regulations 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Assertion of Right of the United States to Use, or Authorize the Use of the Production Processes of Reference Monoclonal Antibody Products Approved under the Public Health Service Act 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Proposed Consent Decree in WildEarth Guardians, et al. v. Jackson, No. 1:11-cv-0001-CMA-MEH (D. CO) and consolidated case (No. 11-cv-00743-CMA-MEH) 2011