United Mine Workers
The United Mine Workers of America (UMW or UMWA) is a North American labor union best known for representing coal miners and coal technicians. Today, the Union also represents health care workers, truck drivers, manufacturing workers and public employees in the United States and Canada. Although its main focus has always been on workers and their rights, the UMW of today also advocates for better roads, schools, and universal health care.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of United Mine Workers
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount United Mine Workers $844,967
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Clean Air & Water,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1365 CARE Act H.R.1579 Robert C. Byrd Mine Safety Protection Act of 2011 S.153 Robert C. Byrd Mine and Workplace Safety and Health Act of 2011 H.R.2273 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act S.621 CARE Act S.1833 Fair Compliance Act of 2011 H.R.2401 Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation Act of 2011 H.R.3697 Mine Safety Accountability and Improved Protection Act H.R.4348 Transportation Research and Innovative Technology Act of 2012 H.R.5325 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
RegulationsMentioned in 45 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "United Mine Workers" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for United Mine Workers
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for United Mine Workers
- Toggle 3 EPA Definition of "Waters of the United States" Under the Clean Water Act 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Colorado; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 2 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 2 MSHA Proposed Rule on Pattern of Violations 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Dicamba Use on Herbicide-Tolerant (MON 88701) Cotton. 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Safety Concerns Regarding Buprenorphine for Opioid Dependence 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Emergency Petition Seeking Suspension of Registration for Clothianidin 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Protection of Stratospheric Ozone: Adjustments to the Allowance System for Controlling HCFC Production, Import, and Export 2011
- Toggle 1 FERC Transmission Planning and Cost Allocation by Transmission Owning and Operating Public Utilities 2011