Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS), headquartered in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, United States, and incorporated in Delaware, is a global provider of information technology services and programs.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$2,166,479 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Unisys Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Unisys Corp $17,421,317
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Government Issues,
- Homeland Security,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Health Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 S.0000 (Unknown) H.0000 (Unknown) H1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.1864 Mobile Workforce State Income Tax Simplification Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 64 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Unisys Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Unisys Corp
- Toggle 1 FDA Product Tracing Systems for Food; Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed Rules Governing Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act 2010
- Toggle 1 FWS General Regulations for Areas Administered by the National Park Service and the Fish and Wildlife Service 2008
- Toggle 1 FAR 2008/2009/2010 Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Rules 2008
- Toggle 1 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Unisys Corp
- Toggle 3 DOT Aviation Data Requirements Review and Modernization Program - Notice No. 8 1998
- Toggle 2 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 2 FAA Safe Efficient Use and Preservation of the Navigable Air Space 2006
- Toggle 2 FWS Petition to List the African Lion (Panthera leo leo) As Endangered 2012
- Toggle 2 HHS Rescission of the Regulation entitled "Ensuring That Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices in Violation of Federal Law"; Proposal 2009
- Toggle 2 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Facilitating Shareholder Director Nominations 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 1 EPA California State Motor Vehicle Pollution Control Standards; Within the Scope Requests; Opportunity for Public Hearing and Comment 2004
- Toggle 1 EPA Etoxazole; Notice of Filing a Pesticide Petition to Establish a Tolerance for a Certain Pesticide Chemical in or on Food 2003
- Toggle 1 HHS Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response, Office of Preparedness and Emergency Operations; Privacy Act of 1974; Report of a New System of Records 2007
|2008||$1,000,000||Unisys Corp: Special Operations Technology Development -- Special Operations Forces Network-Centric Sharing and Storage|
Federal Spending1,509 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Unisys Corporation||2010||Bureau Of Customs And Border Protection||CONTRACT SUPPORT||$119,424,884|
|Unisys Corporation||2006||Transportation Security Administration||IT BRIDGE||$108,448,818|
|Unisys Corporation||2012||Bureau Of Customs And Border Protection||IT OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE, UPDATES, UPGRADES OF SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS||$95,936,043|
|Unisys Corporation||2007||AUTOMATIC IDENTIFICATION TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION AND IMPLEMENTATION SUPPORT||$93,461,494|
|Unisys Corporation||2003||Transportation Security Administration||$84,611,130|
|Unisys Corporation||2007||Transportation Security Administration||BRIDGE OPTION YEAR 1 - 1ST QTR CONTRACT SEE ATTACHMENT OUTLINING ALL CLINS PURCHASED UNDER OPTION YEAR 1 POC KEN CARTER 571-227-1009||$82,912,931|
|Unisys Corporation||2010||Bureau Of Customs And Border Protection||SOFTWARE O/M||$65,778,768|
|Unisys Corporation||2008||Transportation Security Administration||CONTRACT NO. HSTS03-06-D-CIO500 TASK ORDER OPTION YEAR 2 AWARD BRIDGE OPTION YEAR 2 - 1ST QTR CONTRACT (2ND QTR FY) SEE ATTACHMENT OUTLINING ALL CLINS PURCHASED UNDER OPTION YEAR 2 UNDER PR CIO-142(THE REMAINING CLINS PURCHASED UNDER CIO-143) B TABLE ORDERS FROM THE BRIDGE CONTRACT ARE AS FOLLOWS: B.1 - $21,217,209 B.2 - $0.00 B.3 - $0.00 B.4 - $0.00 B.5 - $0.00 B.6 - $0.00 B.7 - $0.00 B.8 - $866,530||$62,529,666|
|Unisys Corporation||2010||Transportation Security Administration||UNISYS BRIDGE 2||$62,180,078|
Contractor Misconduct7 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Government Contract Fraud||Multiple Agencies||Failure to Supply Adequate Equipment||1998||Settlement||$2,250,000|
|Government Contract Fraud||Defense - Air Force||Failure to Disclose Information During Contract Negotiations||2001||Settlement||$1,430,000|
|Intellectual Property||None||Visible Systems v. Unisys (Trademark Infringement)||2007||Judgment Against Defendant||$267,555|
|Poor Contract Performance||State/Local||Property Tax Computer System Contract||2012||Pending||$0|
|Poor Contract Performance||Homeland Security||DHS/TSA Data Breaches||2007||Pending||$0|
|Labor||None||Misrepresentation of Retiree Benefits||2007||Restitution||$0|
|Government Contract Fraud||Commerce||Price Inflation||1998||Settlement||$0|
EPA Violations3 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Casmalia - De Minimis Aoc||Unisys (+191 others)||2004||Casmalia, Ca||$11,900,000|
|Third Site Admin Order On Consent (Cercla)||Unisys Corporation (+85 others)||2003||Zionsville, In||$3,100,000|
|Abb, Inc. Et Al (Spectron Deminimis Settlement)||Unisys Corporation (+547 others)||2003||Elkton, Md||$2,803,841|
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Unisys Corp" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee