Union Pacific Corp
The Union Pacific Railroad (reporting mark UP) (NYSE: UNP), headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, is the largest railroad network in the United States. James R. Young is president, CEO and Chairman.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Union Pacific Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Union Pacific Corp $11,763,902
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.49 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2011 S.158 Surface Transportation Board Reauthorization Act of 2011 H.R.7 Sportfishing and Recreational Boating Safety Act of 2012 S.1813 MAP-21 H.R.30 Taking Responsible Action for Community Safety Act H.R.304 To amend the limitation on liability for certain passenger rail accidents or incidents under section 28103 of title 49, United States Code, and for other purposes. H.R.763 Safe and Efficient Transportation Act of 2011 H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.301 A bill to amend title 49, United States Code, to make technical and minor modifications to the positive train control requirements under chapter 201. S.413 Cybersecurity and Internet Freedom Act
RegulationsMentioned in 295 dockets; Submitted to 15 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Union Pacific Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Union Pacific Corp
- Toggle 7 FRA Union Pacific Railroad's Request For Administrative Review and Hearing 2012
- Toggle 6 FRA K.B. Ashley, Locomotive Engineer (EQAL-2010-10) - Locomotive Engineer Certification Case 2011
- Toggle 5 FRA P.B. Greeno - Petition for Administrative Hearing (EQAL) 2011
- Toggle 4 FRA M.E. Budworth - Locomotive Engineer Certification Case (EQAL 2010-31) 2011
- Toggle 4 FRA G.M. Alexander - Locomotive Engineer Certification (EQAL-2010-30) - Request for Hearing 2011
- Toggle 3 FRA T.W. Moore 2012
- Toggle 3 FRA Darrell William Senney – Administrative Hearing 2011
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Assessment of Hazardous Materials Incident Data Collection, Analysis, Reporting, and Use 2012
- Toggle 1 FRA Union Pacific Railroad - Waiver Petition 2012
- Toggle 1 FRA Emergency Relief Docket for Calendar Year 2011 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Union Pacific Corp
- Toggle 23 FRA K.B. Ashley, Locomotive Engineer (EQAL-2010-10) - Locomotive Engineer Certification Case 2011
- Toggle 21 FRA Darrell William Senney – Administrative Hearing 2011
- Toggle 19 FRA Union Pacific Railroad's Request For Administrative Review and Hearing 2012
- Toggle 16 FRA T.W. Moore 2012
- Toggle 16 FRA P.B. Greeno - Petition for Administrative Hearing (EQAL) 2011
- Toggle 15 FRA M.E. Budworth - Locomotive Engineer Certification Case (EQAL 2010-31) 2011
- Toggle 15 FRA G.M. Alexander - Locomotive Engineer Certification (EQAL-2010-30) - Request for Hearing 2011
- Toggle 14 FRA Union Pacific Railroad - Waiver Petition 2012
- Toggle 11 FRA Emergency Relief Docket for Calendar Year 2011 2011
- Toggle 11 EPA None Unknown
EPA Violations2 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|80th Avenue Tank Farm||Union Pacific Railroad||2011||Commerce City, Co||$2,068,000|
|Operating Industries Inc Superfund Site Admin Settlement No.2010-04||Union Pacific Railroad Company (+275 others)||2011||Monterey Park, Ca||$8,500,000|
Advisory Committees4 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Union Pacific Corp" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Surface Transportation Board 3 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee