Tyco Electronics, formerly a segment of Tyco International Ltd., is a leading global provider of engineered electronic components, network solutions, undersea telecommunication systems, and specialty products for customers in more than 150 countries. The company designs, manufactures and markets products for customers in a variety of industries including automotive; data communication systems and consumer electronics; telecommunications; aerospace, defense and marine; medical; energy; and lighting. On June 29, 2007, Tyco International was split and Tyco Electronics, along with Covidien, became separate, independently-traded public companies. The new independent company is now known as Tyco Electronics Ltd.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Tyco Electronics
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Tyco Electronics $3,870,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Government Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1265 Stop Tax Haven Abuse Act S.506 Stop Tax Haven Abuse Act H.R.1409 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.560 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.5175 Democracy is Strengthened by Casting Light on Spending in Elections Act S.3295 Democracy Is Strengthened by Casting Light On Spending in Elections Act H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.5297 Small Business Jobs and Credit Act of 2010 H.R.1105 Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 30 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Tyco Electronics" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Tyco Electronics
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Tyco Electronics
- Toggle 12 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutant Emissions: Hard and Decorative Chromium Electroplating and Chromium Anodizing Tanks; Group I Polymers and Resins; Marine Tank Vessel Loading Operations; Pharmaceuticals Production; The Printing and Publishing Industry; and Steel Pickling--HCl Process Facilities and Hydrochloric Acid Regeneration Plants 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Supplemental Guidance for SIP Submissions to Meet the Requirements for Section 110(a)(1) of the CAA for the SO2 NAAQS 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Approval of State Implementation Plan Revision; Rhode Island, Regional Haze State Implementation Plan. 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA Identification of Additional Classes of Facilities for Development of Financial Respnsibility Requirements Under Section 108(b): Notice and Request for Comment 2009
- Toggle 1 FAA 2010-NM-074-AD Lockheed Martin Corporation/Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company Model 382, 382B, 382E, 382F, and 382G Airplanes 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; Maine: Maine Regional Haze State Implementation Plan. 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Pennsylvania- 2002 Base Year Inventory for the Pittsburgh Beaver Valley Nonattainment Area 2010
- Toggle 1 USTR Pharmaceutical Appendix Update 2010
- Toggle 1 FRS Proposals to Engage in Permissible Nonbanking Activities or to Acquire Companies Engaged in Permissible NonbankingActivities 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Delaware- Reasonable Further Progress Plan, 2002 Base Year Emissions Inventory, Reasonably Available Control Measure, and Conformity Budgets for the 1997 8-Hour Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standard 2009
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Tyco Electronics" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 1 committee