Turner Broadcasting System
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. (often abbreviated TBS Networks or TBS, Inc.) is the company managing the collection of cable networks and properties started and acquired by Robert Edward "Ted" Turner starting in the mid-1970s. The company has its headquarters in the CNN Center in Atlanta, Georgia.
Campaign Finance$1,714,981 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Turner Broadcasting System
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Health Issues,
- Media Information & Publishing,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.657 Sunshine in the Courtroom Act of 2009 H.R.3054 Sunshine in the Courtroom Act of 2009 S.410 Sunshine in the Courtroom Act of 2011 H.R.2802 To provide for media coverage of Federal court proceedings. H.R.2128 Sunshine in the Courtroom Act of 2007 S.352 Sunshine in the Courtroom Act of 2008 H.R.3572 The Cameras in the Courtroom Act of 2011 S.1945 A bill to permit the televising of Supreme Court proceedings. H.R.5163 Sunshine in the Courtroom Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 17 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Turner Broadcasting System" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Turner Broadcasting System
- Toggle 4 DOT 2007, 2008, 2009 US-China Air Services and Combination Frequency Allocation Procedure 2007
- Toggle 2 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 2 EPA Recently Posted EPA Rules and Notices from FR Feed. Unknown
- Toggle 2 USTR 2009 Special 301 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT 1997 U.S.-Brazil Combination Service Proceeding 1996
- Toggle 1 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 1 FDA Initiate a Rulemaking Procedure to Adjust the Text of a Smokeless Tobacco ("ST") Product Warning Label Statement 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Notice of Receipt of a Request for a Clean Air Act Waiver to Increase the Allowable Ethanol Content of Gasoline to 15 Percent 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT Delta Air Lines, Inc., Virgin Blue Airlines Pty Ltd, Virgin Blue International Airlines Pty Ltd d/b/a V Australia, Pacific Blue Airlines (NZ) Ltd and Pacific Blue Airlines (Aust) Pty Ltd - Approval of and Antitrust Immunity for Alliance Agreements 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT Policy Statement Regarding Unfair Exclusionary Practices - Statement of Enforcement Policy Regarding Unfair Exclusionary Conduct 1998