TRW Automotive (NYSE: TRW), headquartered in Livonia, Michigan, USA, is a major global supplier of automotive systems, modules and components to automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and related aftermarkets.
Campaign Finance$240,491 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of TRW Automotive
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Potomac Alliance $800,000 TRW Automotive $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Automotive Industry,
- Trucking & Shipping,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1367 Advanced Vehicle Technology Act of 2011 S.734 Advanced Vehicle Technology Act of 2011 S.1449 Mariah's Act H.R.2024 Commercial Motor Vehicle Advanced Safety Technology Tax Act of 2009 S.1582 Commercial Motor Vehicle Advanced Safety Technology Tax Act of 2009 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.3246 Advanced Vehicle Technology Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 S.2843 Advanced Vehicle Technology Act of 2010 H.R.3591
RegulationsMentioned in 291 dockets; Submitted to 15 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "TRW Automotive" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for TRW Automotive
- Toggle 3 PHMSA North American Automotive Hazmat Action Committee - Emergency Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Transportation in Commerce of Airbag Inflators or Modules as Class 9 Materials with the UN Number 3268 2003
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards; Side Impact Protection; Side Impact Protection; Side Impact Phase-In Reporting Requirements 2004
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards - Event Data Recorders 2004
- Toggle 1 DOT Alitalia-Linee Aeree Italiane-S.p.A., Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Inc., KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Inc. and Societe Air France - Approval of and Antitrust Immunity for Alliance Agreements 2004
- Toggle 1 NHTSA NPRM Update FMVSS Number 124 2012
- Toggle 1 ESA Family and Medical Leave Act Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 29 CFR Part 825 2008
- Toggle 1 NHTSA U.S. DOT/NHTSA - Request for Comments 2001
- Toggle 1 NHTSA U.S. DOT/NHTSA - Final Rule; Response to Petitions for Reconsideration 2001
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards - Child Restraint Systems 2002
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) 2000
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for TRW Automotive
- Toggle 27 DOT 2007 U.S.-China Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 6 NHTSA Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) 2000
- Toggle 4 PHMSA North American Automotive Hazmat Action Committee - Emergency Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Transportation in Commerce of Airbag Inflators or Modules as Class 9 Materials with the UN Number 3268 2003
- Toggle 4 DOT Alitalia-Linee Aeree Italiane-S.p.A., Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Inc., KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Inc. and Societe Air France - Approval of and Antitrust Immunity for Alliance Agreements 2004
- Toggle 4 NHTSA U.S. DOT/NHTSA - Supplemental Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) Standard No. 208; Occupant Crash Protection - Air Bags 1999
- Toggle 3 NHTSA U.S. DOT/NHTSA - Final Rule 2005
- Toggle 3 ETA Trade Adjustment Act Notices September 22, 2006 to November 30, 2006 2007
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Occupant Crash Protection: Notice - Technical Workshop Issues Re; Advanced Air Bags 1997
- Toggle 3 PHMSA North American Automotive Hazardous Material Action Committee (NAAHAC) - Exemption - Authorize the Transportation in Commerce of Airbag Inflators/Modules/Pyrotechnic Seat Belt Pretensioners in Reusable High Strength Plastic or Metal Containers 2004
- Toggle 3 2013/2014 U.S.-Brazil Combination Frequency Proceeding 2013
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Sutton Brook Disposal Area Superfund Site||Trw Automotive U S Llc (+24 others)||2004||Tewksbury, Ma||$2,000,000|
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "TRW Automotive" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee